[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] Motif Interface for Intiution

cs166wbq@sdcc8.ucsd.edu (02/23/91)

Hello,
	It is possible to change Amiga's windowing system behavior
such that it looks and behaves like Motif?  If possible, is there
any program which already does this?

chucks@pnet51.orb.mn.org (Erik Funkenbusch) (02/25/91)

cs166wbq@sdcc8.ucsd.edu writes:

>Hello,
>	It is possible to change Amiga's windowing system behavior
>such that it looks and behaves like Motif?  If possible, is there
>any program which already does this?

yep, it would be *POSSIBLE* but not very easy to do.  i wouldn't want to take
it upon myself to do it.  don't know of any myself that does this.

UUCP: {amdahl!tcnet, crash}!orbit!pnet51!chucks
ARPA: crash!orbit!pnet51!chucks@nosc.mil
INET: chucks@pnet51.orb.mn.org

peter@cbmvax.commodore.com (Peter Cherna) (02/27/91)

>Hello,
>	It is possible to change Amiga's windowing system behavior
>such that it looks and behaves like Motif?  If possible, is there
>any program which already does this?

Depending on your underlying goal, this could be a lot of work.
If you wanted to be able to port Motif source code over, that's
an awful lot of work.

If you'd like something snazzier looking than 1.3, I suggest you
look at 2.0.  (That's a lot of work that's already been done by
Commodore).

If you want some Motif features or display elements that 2.0
doesn't provide, you certainly can achieve some using 2.0's custom
gadgets and custom image technology, which provides great flexibility.

     Peter
--
     Peter Cherna, Software Engineer, Commodore-Amiga, Inc.
     {uunet|rutgers}!cbmvax!peter    peter@cbmvax.commodore.com