[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] How to pop up A-3000's bootpri screen?

djh@neuromancer.metaphor.com (Dallas J. Hodgson) (02/22/91)

Hit me in the head if you want to; I've forgotten how it's done. Holding
down the 2 mouse buttons brings up the O/S select menu, but what pops up
the disk device priority screen?
| Dallas J. Hodgson               |     "These days, you have to be pretty   |
| Metaphor Computer Systems       |      technical before you can even       |
| Mountain View, Ca.              |      aspire to crudeness."               |
| USENET : djh@metaphor.com       |            - William Gibson              |
+============================================================================+
| "The views I express are my own, and not necessarily those of my employer" |

chucks@pnet51.orb.mn.org (Erik Funkenbusch) (02/25/91)

djh@neuromancer.metaphor.com (Dallas J. Hodgson) writes:
>Hit me in the head if you want to; I've forgotten how it's done. Holding
>down the 2 mouse buttons brings up the O/S select menu, but what pops up
>the disk device priority screen?
>--

Well, it's sort of tricky, actually.  you have to make sure that you are past
the part where the os/selection is.  it's pretty rough timing exercise.

>+----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
>| Dallas J. Hodgson               |     "These days, you have to be pretty   |
>| Metaphor Computer Systems       |      technical before you can even       |
>| Mountain View, Ca.              |      aspire to crudeness."               |
>| USENET : djh@metaphor.com       |            - William Gibson              |
>+============================================================================+
>| "The views I express are my own, and not necessarily those of my employer" |
>+----------------------------------------------------------------------------+

UUCP: {amdahl!tcnet, crash}!orbit!pnet51!chucks
ARPA: crash!orbit!pnet51!chucks@nosc.mil
INET: chucks@pnet51.orb.mn.org

jerry@truevision.com (Jerry Thompson) (02/27/91)

In article <503@cronos.metaphor.com> djh@neuromancer.metaphor.com (Dallas J. Hodgson) writes:
>Hit me in the head if you want to; I've forgotten how it's done. Holding
>down the 2 mouse buttons brings up the O/S select menu, but what pops up
>the disk device priority screen?

Hold down the 2 mouse buttons on a warm reboot.  This includes right after
clicking on an OS select button if you are quick.

Ouch!

--
Jerry Thompson                 |     // checks  ___________   | "I'm into S&M,
I loved the peace and solitude | \\ //   and    |    |    |   |  Sarcasm and