[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] ParNet & Multiple I/O ports

dillon@overload.Berkeley.CA.US (Matthew Dillon) (02/28/91)

In article <24830003@hp-lsd.COS.HP.COM> davem@hp-lsd.COS.HP.COM (Dave K. Martin) writes:
>I recently installed Jeff Lavin's multiple I/O port board (The one from the
>Amazing Computing article) in my 2000.  Now what I want to do is to use an
>editor to patch the PARNET24 drivers to point to one of the new parallel ports.
>I've looked at the parnet.device and the netpnet program but cannot find any
>obvious references to the parallel port.  Can a real programmmer type (I'm a
>hardware type myself :-) tell me what to look for in the programs?
>
>Any and all help/suggestions will be appreciated.

    ParNet talks to the parallel port directly through the hardware after
    getting the appropriate ciaa resources.  It is not possible to run
    ParNet over parallel.device or PAR: due to its bidirectional nature.

    But, all is not lost.  If Jeff's I/O port board provides interrupts
    for ACK and is bidirectional, you shouldn't have too much trouble
    porting the ParNet code.

    The source code to ParNet is provided as-in via FTP to uunet.uu.net
    in the amiga-sources/dillon directory

					-Matt
--

    Matthew Dillon	    dillon@Overload.Berkeley.CA.US
    891 Regal Rd.	    uunet.uu.net!overload!dillon