[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] Application gadgets under WB1.3 does not follow my wish :

svante@kberg.se (Svante Gellerstam) (02/27/91)

I am developing an interface application for a scanner, and I have some
trouble with string gadgets.

I have made routines that build a requester based on font size, so the
user can use whatever font he wants.

The requester is redered into a four color screen. The colors are
white, bright grey, dark grey and black for pens 0 through 3. The
requester (which is a window, not a requester window) is filled with
bright grey and the gadgets are rendered on top of that. The main
screen has fgpen = BLACK and bgpen = WHITE.

In this requester I have a few (six) string gadgets. The problem is
that the gadget contents are rendered as inverse - ie: bright grey on
black as in JAM2. I want the characters to be drawn in black with no
or bright grey background.

How does one go about setting the render mode for string gadgets?
Should I change the screen, window or something else?

Grateful for any hints.

/svante

--
Svante Gellerstam		svante@kberg.se, d87sg@efd.lth.se

peter@cbmvax.commodore.com (Peter Cherna) (03/02/91)

In article <1991Feb27.082601.11170@kberg.se> svante@kberg.se (Svante Gellerstam) writes:
>In this requester I have a few (six) string gadgets. The problem is
>that the gadget contents are rendered as inverse - ie: bright grey on
>black as in JAM2.

Under 1.3, string gadget text is always rendered in pen #1 on a pen #0
background.

Under 2.0, see the StringExtend->Pens[] and ->ActivePens[] fields
for easy control of the pen colors.