[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] curious about Oberon

jhensley@isis.cs.du.edu (John Hensley) (03/01/91)

I'm looking for information on the Oberon compiler from Fridtjof Siebert.
The distribution's Readme file said it was to be released in September of
last year, but made no mention of price. Is it available, and if so from
the addresses in the distribution? How much?

Any information will be much appreciated.

John

chem194@csc.canterbury.ac.nz (John Davis) (03/02/91)

In article <1991Mar1.013837.20224@isis.cs.du.edu>, jhensley@isis.cs.du.edu (John Hensley) writes:

> I'm looking for information on the Oberon compiler from Fridtjof Siebert.
> The distribution's Readme file said it was to be released in September of
> last year, but made no mention of price. Is it available, and if so from
> the addresses in the distribution? How much?
>
> Any information will be much appreciated.

I contacted both the australian company supposedly handling english-speaking
world distribution (who said there'd been so little interest they were
basically giving up) and the european agents (who said "we're not planning
on doing an english version - if you want it in german no problem")

So unless you're fluent in german it looks no go...

of course if _enough_ people were to show interest it might be possible
to make them change their minds and do an english translation ( the
demo version was _very_ good )

| o  John Davis - CHEM194@canterbury.ac.nz               o |
| o  (Depart)mental Programmer,Chemistry Department      o |
| o  University of Canterbury, Christchurch, New Zealand o |
| o                                                      o |
| o  co-sysop AmigaINFO BBS,1200/2400 baud CCITT,        o |
| o           24 hours a day, ph NZ +3-3371-531          o |

vsanchez@casbah.acns.nwu.edu (Victor Sanchez) (03/02/91)

In article <1991Mar2.141138.155@csc.canterbury.ac.nz> chem194@csc.canterbury.ac.nz (John Davis) writes:
>In article <1991Mar1.013837.20224@isis.cs.du.edu>, jhensley@isis.cs.du.edu (John Hensley) writes:
>>
>> I'm looking for information on the Oberon compiler from Fridtjof Siebert.
>> The distribution's Readme file said it was to be released in September of
>> last year, but made no mention of price. Is it available, and if so from
>> the addresses in the distribution? How much?
>>
>> Any information will be much appreciated.

   I was very impressed by the demo version. I contacted A+L AG and
they told me the price is $250. with docs in German only. The price
is sadly way out of my range.
				Victor