[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] Drag bar in 2.0 shell

vrr@cbnewsj.att.com (veenu.r.rashid) (02/27/91)

Considering that the 2.0 shell does have a buffered history (of sorts)
and I have heard that the gadget types are a lot more flexible, is
there a way to incorporate a console history drag bar in the right-
hand side of the shell window?  Has anyone done this, or know of a
way that this might be possible?

Thanks very much,
Veenu Rashid

AT&T Bell Laboratories
Middletown, NJ

meranda@frankenstein.cis.ohio-state.edu (deron meranda) (02/28/91)

In article <1991Feb27.005647.2357@cbnewsj.att.com> vrr@cbnewsj.att.com (veenu.r.rashid) writes:
>Considering that the 2.0 shell does have a buffered history (of sorts)
>and I have heard that the gadget types are a lot more flexible, is
>there a way to incorporate a console history drag bar in the right-
>hand side of the shell window?  Has anyone done this, or know of a
>way that this might be possible?

This may not be what you want, but a utility called cb-1.1 does
this under 1.3.  It was posted to comp.binaries.amiga, and can be
found via ftp at:
   ab20.larc.nasa.gov : /usenet/comp.binaries.amiga/volume90/util

I don't know if it works under 2.0, or even takes advantage of 2.0
stuff, but it might not be a bad starting point.  If this isn't any
good, or I misunderstood what you wanted, just ignore this.

Deron E. Meranda  ( meranda@cis.ohio-state.edu )

drtiller@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu (Donald Richard Tillery Jr) (03/03/91)

CB seems to work fine under 2.0.  I just wish they had included it in the
standard DOS setup...even if only in a CON:#/#/#/#/# etc. deal like the close
gadget.

Rick Tillery