[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] Scrolling Text Messages

T32QC@CUNYVM.BITNET (MIRAGE ONE) (02/25/91)

     I am trying to write a program of scrolling a text message from left to
write. I would like to have a smooth textscroll on an overscanned screen. If
any one has any type of code that does this please share. I really need some
help on this one. I need the code in C, Or Assembly but I am not to good in
assembly yet. Thanks for any help..
                                                  Alex
                                              T32QC@CUNYVM

YYGQC@CUNYVM.BITNET (03/01/91)

>>     I am trying to write a program of scrolling a text message from left to
>>write.

You IDIOT! Left to "WRITE"??? HAHAHA! MORON!

dave@cs.arizona.edu (Dave P. Schaumann) (03/02/91)

Behold the words of Mr. Tact himself:

In article <91060.084638YYGQC@CUNYVM.BITNET> YYGQC@CUNYVM.BITNET writes:
>>>     I am trying to write a program of scrolling a text message from left to
>>>write.
>
>You IDIOT! Left to "WRITE"??? HAHAHA! MORON!

Maybe you need to cut down on the Jolt, eh?  Sheesh.  I guess you never made a
mistake before.  Or ever get two words confused.  You've never misused
their/there/they're or two/to/too.  You'd have no pity on someone confused
over are/our.

No doubt you noticedthat the distribution of this is world (so it is quite
possible that the person who is posting does not have English as a first
language.  Yea, verily, you hold up a high standard.

So, like were you raised by a pack of wild anal-retentive English teachers?
Perhaps next time you'll cut us all some slack.  Please.

--
		Dave Schaumann		dave@cs.arizona.edu
'Dog Gang'!  Where do they get off calling us the 'Dog Gang'?  I'm beginning to

smcgerty@vax1.tcd.ie (03/04/91)

In article <983@caslon.cs.arizona.edu>, dave@cs.arizona.edu (Dave P. Schaumann) writes:
> Behold the words of Mr. Tact himself:
>> In article <91060.084638YYGQC@CUNYVM.BITNET> YYGQC@CUNYVM.BITNET writes:
>>>  I am trying to write a program of scrolling a text message from left to
>>>  write.
>>You IDIOT! Left to "WRITE"??? HAHAHA! MORON!
>
> Maybe you need to cut down on the Jolt, eh?  Sheesh.  I guess you never made a
> mistake before.

C'mon guys, Let's not get malicious. Ok, Mr. Tact wasn't exactly..well..
tactful, but I'd always take this kind of thing as friendly slagging. No real
harm intended.

> No doubt you noticed that the distribution of this is world (so it is quite

I think we all realise that English (American?) isn't everyones first language.
Hek, I'm Irish, and my first language _is_ English, but you wouldn't know that
from my spelling... We all make _plenty_ of mistakes, some of them amusing, so
why not laugh?

> 		Dave Schaumann		dave@cs.arizona.edu

Stephen.
#! r