[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] Change Screens once there opened

slmt9@cc.usu.edu (02/28/91)

	Hello,

	My question for this week is this. I have opened a Low resolution
window in C and need to shift it to a High resolution screen. I tried a  few
things but could not get anything to work. If anyone out there knows how to do
it and can send me some code please do. It can be either in Assembly or in C
but I would really prefer it to be in C.

	Thanks,
	Joshua
	SLMT9@cc.usu.edu

ken@cbmvax.commodore.com (Ken Farinsky - CATS) (03/04/91)

In article <1991Feb27.112508.46950@cc.usu.edu> slmt9@cc.usu.edu writes:
>	My question for this week is this. I have opened a Low resolution
>window in C and need to shift it to a High resolution screen. I tried a  few
>things but could not get anything to work. If anyone out there knows how to do
>it and can send me some code please do. It can be either in Assembly or in C
>but I would really prefer it to be in C.

It's not really clear what you are trying to do.  If you are trying
to make an existing window "jump" to another screen with a different
resolution, well, it's not supported.  If you are trying to change
the resolution of a screen, it's not supported either.

To move a window to another screen, open a new window on that screen
and copy all of the graphics over.

To change the resolution of a screen, open a new screen with the proper
resolution and open new windows on that screen, as required.

If this is not what you were asking, please make the request
a bit more specific.
Ken Farinsky - CATS - (215) 431-9421 - Commodore Business Machines
uucp: ken@cbmvax.commodore.com   or  ...{uunet,rutgers}!cbmvax!ken
bix:  kfarinsky