[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] HELP: Mutual Exclude Gadgets

walrus@wam.umd.edu (Udo K Schuermann) (03/04/91)

[Burp!]

I seem to have a lot of trouble with gadgets ...

I've been trying to get Mutually Exclusive Gadgets to work, i.e. click
on one and the other gets unselected.  It doesn't seem to want to work
for me.
	Below is the source for the window and two gadgets which I've
used to test it.  If I compile this thing one more time and it doesn't
work I'll go mad!  Who can tell me what I'm doing wrong???

EMail please.

Thank you VERY much!

 ._.  Udo Schuermann		And now for something completely different:
 ( )  walrus@wam.umd.edu	An Iraqi dictator without his underpants.

Source follows:

struct Gadget Gadget2 = {
	NULL,
	153,20,
	94,23,
	SELECTED,
	TOGGLESELECT,
	BOOLGADGET,
	(APTR)&Border1,
	NULL,
	NULL,
	1,		/* exclude: 00000001b first gadget in list */
	NULL,
	2,
	NULL
};

struct Gadget Gadget1 = {
	&Gadget2,
	33,20,
	94,23,
	SELECTED,
	TOGGLESELECT,
	BOOLGADGET,
	(APTR)&Border2,
	NULL,
	NULL,
	2,		/* exclude: 00000010b second gadget in list */
	NULL,
	1,
	NULL
};

struct NewWindow NewWindowStructure1 = {
	106,39,
	386,127,
	0,1,
	CLOSEWINDOW,
	WINDOWDRAG+WINDOWCLOSE+ACTIVATE+NOCAREREFRESH,
	&Gadget1,
	NULL,
	"Mutual Exclude Gadget Test",
	NULL,
	NULL,
	5,5,
	-1,-1,
	WBENCHSCREEN
};

ken@cbmvax.commodore.com (Ken Farinsky - CATS) (03/04/91)

In article <1991Mar3.213617.15923@wam.umd.edu> walrus@wam.umd.edu (Udo K Schuermann) writes:
>I've been trying to get Mutually Exclusive Gadgets to work, i.e. click
>on one and the other gets unselected.  It doesn't seem to want to work
>for me.

Mutual exclude gadgets are not supported by Intuition.  Under 1.3 you have
to control them yourself.  Read the RKM: Libs&Devs for more information.
Under 2.0, you can use the gadtools library to get them.
Ken Farinsky - CATS - (215) 431-9421 - Commodore Business Machines
uucp: ken@cbmvax.commodore.com   or  ...{uunet,rutgers}!cbmvax!ken
bix:  kfarinsky