[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] services?

jdickson@jato.jpl.nasa.gov (Jeff Dickson) (03/08/91)

	Hi. I'm looking to run an add in AC magazine. My original plan was
to catch the May issue (March 15 is the deadline), but because I have been
draggin my a__, looks like June.

	I do not have the facilities for producing camera ready art work.
At best, I could produce the graphics with Deluxe Paint, send it off to be
printed, superimpose my ad onto it, and produce a positive. Does anyone
know of a better/easier way?

				Jeff

mpierce@ewu.UUCP (Mathew Pierce) (03/10/91)

In article <1991Mar7.221200.21841@jato.jpl.nasa.gov>, jdickson@jato.jpl.nasa.gov (Jeff Dickson) writes:
[stuff deleted about an ad to be placed in AC magazine.]
> 	I do not have the facilities for producing camera ready art work.
> At best, I could produce the graphics with Deluxe Paint, send it off to be
> printed, superimpose my ad onto it, and produce a positive. Does anyone
> know of a better/easier way?
>
> 				Jeff

Jeff, I would suggest getting (buying or borrowing) either ProPage or Provector.
These two programs would allow you to create your own structured artwork so that
you don't have to superimpose anything (in the sense used above).  This would
allow you to send postscript files, color separations, or whatever you need
to the publishers.  At the least, you could create your artwork in DeluxPaint
and use the autotrace facilities of ProDraw to convert it to a structured
drawing, then add all the other stuff you need.

Matt Pierce