[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] left brain wanted by poor starving right brained artist

lemiller@hobbes.ncsu.edu (Lynne Miller) (03/12/91)

okay.. i know about as much about programming as betty crocker knows
about fixing 18-wheelers. my comprehension of programming is virtually
non-existant; i am usually what is known as an instigator.. i come up with
ideas and hope some kind soul becomes interested. i do a lot of art on
amy, mostly multi-media type things and i use fractals a lot. i have several
rather nice, expensive books on the subject, and have become very much
interested in the 'pseudo-code' that is in them, as there are fractal types
i am interested in playing with that are not in any fractal generators i have
found thus far.. so in a moment of non-briliance.. i pondered at the
possibility of someone creating sort of a framework program.. one that
points amy in the right direction to tell it that it is using a graphics
generating program, maybe even has a reasonable user interface ala ronnie
johannson's fractals prg (the best i have found thus far).. and then....
an area where a user could type in the pseudo-code from these books and have
the algorithms interpreted by amy and allow the user to enter variables to
play with them.. then have the usual save routine, etc.  32 colour low-res
interlace would be fine, but if someone wanted a place in the hearts of all
of us artists who have non-existant left brains, HAM would be wonderful.
even half-brite. of course, it would require some palette control.. i like
the one in ronnie j's program, but any sort would do, as the fine point of
fractals on amy is the ability to do fine colour graduations. probably this
whole idea is impossible, impractical, etc. , and will get me laughed out of
here, but i figure, what the heck, no one knows me so no harm in making an
ass of myself.
seriously tho.. is something like this feasible with a minimum of effort?
more importantly, would anyone be willing to spend their time creating
something like this for the shareware market? i would be interested in hearing
from people about this atrocity, either in public or e-mail. public would
be much better, as group input is much more productive.
anyway, thank you for putting up with me.. one of these days maybe i'll
get struck by lightening or something and the other half of my brain will
get rattled enough that i will actually be able to understand how to
program.

-lynne

lemiller@hobbes.catt.ncsu.edu

In article <1991Mar11.183134.15432@ncsu.edu> lemiller@hobbes.ncsu.edu (Lynne Miller) writes:
> possibility of someone creating sort of a framework program.. one that
> points amy in the right direction to tell it that it is using a graphics
> generating program, ...

The biggest problem with this is getting high enough speed from the interpreter.
Probably the best thing would be a user-friendly LOGO for the Amiga. I'd
certainly buy a copy for my son... the only reason I'm holding on to my Atari
800 is that it's got a LOGO cartridge.

LOGO with an AREXX port, that'd be a killer multimedia tool.
--
Peter da Silva.   `-_-'
<peter@sugar.hackercorp.com>.