[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] Where is ISPELL dictionary?

jtreworgy@eagle.wesleyan.edu (03/17/91)

Does anyone know where a dictionary file for ISPELL (as per
comp.binaries.amiga) can be found? Any FTP sites? Thanks,
--
James A. Treworgy    -- No quote here for insurance reasons --
jtreworgy@eagle.wesleyan.edu         jtreworgy@WESLEYAN.BITNET

cs326ag@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Loren J. Rittle) (03/17/91)

In article <1991Mar17.030856.40350@eagle.wesleyan.edu> jtreworgy@eagle.wesleyan.edu writes:
>Does anyone know where a dictionary file for ISPELL (as per
>comp.binaries.amiga) can be found? Any FTP sites? Thanks,

The source to the dictionary is in the ispell-3.1ljr/src directory.
As stated in the README:
You need to generate a hashed version of the dictionary by running
buildhash (in ispell-3.1ljr/c).
I.E. RTFR.

To avoid confusion, I should state:
buildhash needs to be run while dict.2 is in your current directory.

>--
>James A. Treworgy    -- No quote here for insurance reasons --
>jtreworgy@eagle.wesleyan.edu         jtreworgy@WESLEYAN.BITNET

Loren J. Rittle
Disclaimer: last ISpell hacker...
Thanks: to Tad (sorry for the public flame directed at you a few weeks ago)
--
``NewTek stated that the Toaster  *would*  *not*  be made to directly support
  the Mac, at this point Sculley stormed out of the booth...'' --- A scene at

dave@cs.arizona.edu (Dave Schaumann) (03/18/91)

In article <1991Mar17.030856.40350@eagle.wesleyan.edu> jtreworgy@eagle.wesleyan.edu writes:
>Does anyone know where a dictionary file for ISPELL (as per
>comp.binaries.amiga) can be found? Any FTP sites? Thanks,

If you got the complete distribution, you already have it!
Check out src/dict.2, which should be a 274K file.  I only looked at the
first few lines of it so far, but it sure looks like a dictionary to me.
Actually, "lexicon" would probably be a better word to use, since no
definitions are included...

--
Dave Schaumann | dave@cs.arizona.edu | Short .sig's rule!

jtreworgy@eagle.wesleyan.edu (03/18/91)

In article <1991Mar17.095124.20078@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>, cs326ag@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Loren J. Rittle) writes:
> In article <1991Mar17.030856.40350@eagle.wesleyan.edu> I wrote:
>>Does anyone know where a dictionary file for ISPELL (as per
>>comp.binaries.amiga) can be found? Any FTP sites? Thanks,
>
> The source to the dictionary is in the ispell-3.1ljr/src directory.
> As stated in the README:
> You need to generate a hashed version of the dictionary by running
> buildhash (in ispell-3.1ljr/c).
> I.E. RTFR.
>
> To avoid confusion, I should state:
> buildhash needs to be run while dict.2 is in your current directory.
>
>>--
>>James A. Treworgy    -- No quote here for insurance reasons --
>>jtreworgy@eagle.wesleyan.edu         jtreworgy@WESLEYAN.BITNET
>
> Loren J. Rittle

Yes, I have comitted the ultimate crime in computerdom: I have publicly asked a
stupid question before I gave the manual more than a cursory look. I apologize
profusely! (But I won't say I'll never do it again... I know myself better than
that! :-)) RTFM.. RTFM.. RTFM.. RTFM.. if I type it 100 times maybe it'll sink
in...