[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] Looking for a filter...

honp9@menudo.uh.edu (Jason L. Tibbitts III) (03/20/91)

I'm trying fo find a simple text filter that will take linefeeds out of a
stream.  No big deal, but an hour with Aquarium reveals nothing.  I'd
write my own, but, well, there's this thing called homework...

Anyway, I'd appreciate any guidance.

--
Jason L. Tibbitts III  | Moderator: comp.sys.amiga.reviews
"Blob Shop Programmers:| Send submissions to HONP9@menudo.uh.edu

cs326ag@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Loren J. Rittle) (03/20/91)

In article <1991Mar20.063403.8708@menudo.uh.edu> honp9@menudo.uh.edu (Jason L. Tibbitts III) writes:
>I'm trying fo find a simple text filter that will take linefeeds out of a
>stream.  No big deal, but an hour with Aquarium reveals nothing.  I'd
>write my own, but, well, there's this thing called homework...

In that hour you spent looking through Aquarium, you could
have written the damn C or Rexx program to do the job!
Actually, in the time you took to post your message you could
have hacked out the following ARexx program:
/* Simple text filter */
do forever;
  parse pull inline;
  if eof(stdin) then leave;
  say compress(inline, '0d'x);
end;

>Anyway, I'd appreciate any guidance.

You're welcome.

>--
>Jason L. Tibbitts III  | Moderator: comp.sys.amiga.reviews
>"Blob Shop Programmers:| Send submissions to HONP9@menudo.uh.edu
> Because We're Bored!" | Check comp.sys.amiga.reviews for submissions
>Disclaimer: Opinions...| guide, disclaimers, etc.               Fnord.

Loren J. Rittle
--
``NewTek stated that the Toaster  *would*  *not*  be made to directly support
  the Mac, at this point Sculley stormed out of the booth...'' --- A scene at