[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] Hardware-POKEr wants to write systemfriendly code!

dvljrt@cs.umu.se (Joakim Rosqvist) (03/23/91)

Can someone tell me how to do these things in a system-friendly way:

1. A program that starts from the CLI and exits when you press a certain
   key. The character is not supposed to be echoed to the screen, and I
   do not want to open another window.
2. The same thing as 1, but with a raw key-code instead of an ASCII-code.
3. Is there a way to make the system forget there was ever a mouse?
   that is, don't care if a press a button or move the mouse, but still
   run multitasking and validate disks etc.
4. How to switch disk-validation off, so you could make a program that
   would format a disk without it being validated.
5. How to find the Output-handler to the active CLI-window. The program
   that wants it is started from an interrupt and not from the CLI, so
   I cant just call OUTPUT()
6. The system checks for new disks about every 2.5 seconds. could this be
   changed?
7. If i type "path" at the CLI-prompt i get something like:

<current directory>
C:

How can this be changed to:

<current directory>
df0:c
C:

I tried "path df0:c" but that results in

<current directory>
NameOfMyDisk:c
C:

I want to specify the drive rather than the disk!
Does this need a special program?

Thanks for any help / $DR.HEX$

In article <1991Mar23.142053.12955@cs.umu.se> dvljrt@cs.umu.se (Joakim Rosqvist) writes:
>Can someone tell me how to do these things in a system-friendly way:
>
>1. A program that starts from the CLI and exits when you press a certain
>   key. The character is not supposed to be echoed to the screen, and I
>   do not want to open another window.
>2. The same thing as 1, but with a raw key-code instead of an ASCII-code.
>3. Is there a way to make the system forget there was ever a mouse?
>   that is, don't care if a press a button or move the mouse, but still
>   run multitasking and validate disks etc.
>4. How to switch disk-validation off, so you could make a program that
>   would format a disk without it being validated.
>5. How to find the Output-handler to the active CLI-window. The program
>   that wants it is started from an interrupt and not from the CLI, so
>   I cant just call OUTPUT()
>6. The system checks for new disks about every 2.5 seconds. could this be
>   changed?
>7. If i type "path" at the CLI-prompt i get something like:
>
><current directory>
>C:
>
>How can this be changed to:
>
><current directory>
>df0:c
>C:
>
>I tried "path df0:c" but that results in
>
><current directory>
>NameOfMyDisk:c
>C:
>
>I want to specify the drive rather than the disk!
>Does this need a special program?
>
>Thanks for any help / $DR.HEX$

Solutions in ASSEMBLER of course! /$DR.HEX$