[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] Superbase Pro. Redirection Problem...

h235_033@ccvax.ucd.ie (03/25/91)

	Hi,

		I use Superbase Professional as a data base for my Science
Fiction Library, and have written a short program (in Superbase's own "4GL"
(Ha!) ) to output this in a nice format to the screen or to the printer-
however, I now wish to send this info. to some users on the College LAN, and
wonder if anyone out there knows how to redirect output from the screen to a
file- ordinary redirection from the shell (CSH) or from a script doesn't seem
to work, and though I can "Export" to a file, I lose all my nice formatting,
etc. Anyone got any ideas? I don't _really_ want to have to write a kludge in
C.

		Thanks in advance,

				it->Nuttchen->Steven.

In article <1991Mar25.003108.48038@ccvax.ucd.ie> h235_033@ccvax.ucd.ie writes:
>		I use Superbase Professional as a data base for my Science
>Fiction Library, and have written a short program (in Superbase's own "4GL"
>(Ha!) ) to output this in a nice format to the screen or to the printer-
  ^^ (Isn't it plain, good-ole BASIC?)
>however, I now wish to send this info. to some users on the College LAN, and
>wonder if anyone out there knows how to redirect output from the screen to a
>file-

Try the CMD command provided on your systems disks (perhaps Extras).
It is made to redirect printer output to a file.