[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] where can I find programming info on os2.0?

ddyer@hubcap.clemson.edu (Doug Dyer) (03/29/91)

Hi, I am in need of programming os2.0's gadgets, buttons, etc. and
am not a developer.  Where can I find documentation on it? Or,
would anyone recommend purchasing the developer kit?

I have SAS C 5.10 (5.??) and will very likely end up purchasing C++ later.

Thanks
--
Hi, I'm a .signature file! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
                      flames to comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc

jdickson@jato.jpl.nasa.gov (Jeff Dickson) (03/30/91)

In article <1991Mar28.202038.12876@hubcap.clemson.edu> ddyer@hubcap.clemson.edu (Doug Dyer) writes:

>Hi, I am in need of programming os2.0's gadgets, buttons, etc. and
>am not a developer.  Where can I find documentation on it? Or,
>would anyone recommend purchasing the developer kit?
>
>I have SAS C 5.10 (5.??) and will very likely end up purchasing C++ later.
>
>Thanks
>--
>Hi, I'm a .signature file! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
>                      flames to comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc
> Doug Dyer ddyer@hubcap.clemson.edu                       (2B)|!(2B) -> ?

	NOT HERE!!!!

jdickson@jato.jpl.nasa.gov (Jeff Dickson) (03/30/91)

In article <1991Mar28.202038.12876@hubcap.clemson.edu> ddyer@hubcap.clemson.edu (Doug Dyer) writes:

>Hi, I am in need of programming os2.0's gadgets, buttons, etc. and
>am not a developer.  Where can I find documentation on it? Or,
>would anyone recommend purchasing the developer kit?
>
>I have SAS C 5.10 (5.??) and will very likely end up purchasing C++ later.
>
>Thanks
>--
>Hi, I'm a .signature file! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
>                      flames to comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc
> Doug Dyer ddyer@hubcap.clemson.edu                       (2B)|!(2B) -> ?

Whoops! I thought you were after IBM OS2. I do not believe that the
Intuition Manual for O.S. 2 is out yet, because all of O.S. 2 has not
been finalized yet. The Intuition Manual for O.S. 1.3, though, should be
adequate for now. Again, sorry about the screw-up.

			oh me o my - I'm gonna get flamed.

In article <1991Mar29.233349.9241@jato.jpl.nasa.gov> jdickson@jato.Jpl.Nasa.Gov (Jeff Dickson) writes:
>In article <1991Mar28.202038.12876@hubcap.clemson.edu> ddyer@hubcap.clemson.edu (Doug Dyer) writes:
>>
>>Hi, I am in need of programming os2.0's gadgets, buttons, etc. and
>>am not a developer.  Where can I find documentation on it? Or,
>>would anyone recommend purchasing the developer kit?
>>
>>I have SAS C 5.10 (5.??) and will very likely end up purchasing C++ later.
>>
>>Thanks
>>--
>>Hi, I'm a .signature file! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
>>                      flames to comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc
>> Doug Dyer ddyer@hubcap.clemson.edu                       (2B)|!(2B) -> ?
>
>Whoops! I thought you were after IBM OS2. I do not believe that the
>Intuition Manual for O.S. 2 is out yet, because all of O.S. 2 has not
>been finalized yet. The Intuition Manual for O.S. 1.3, though, should be
>adequate for now. Again, sorry about the screw-up.
>
>			oh me o my - I'm gonna get flamed.

	You can get some info from CATS (I believe you have to be
a developer) by getting the Atlanta DevCon notes. Also, anyone
can subscribe to AmigaMail which is a technical journal put out
bimonthly by CATS which discusses programming techniques.
	-- Ethan

Q: How many Comp Sci majors does it take to change a lightbulb
A: None. It's a hardware problem.