[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] Unmatched Parenthesis in ARexx?!?

DEB110@psuvm.psu.edu (Doug Bischoff) (03/30/91)

     Hi all.
     Well, since I can't afford a good C package, I've been working on writing
some programs in ARexx so I don't get TOO rusty.  First I thought it logical
to open a screen, open some windows, and put some simple requesters/gadgets in
them.
     I'm using the rx_intui.library for my intuition calls for windows/screens
and such.  After running several test versions, I was able to get the program
to do just that, but before any gadgets appear, I get an ARexx error, "Unmatch
ed Parenthesis" right on a statement that has ONLY TWO PARENTHESIS.  One Open,
and one Close.  I don't get it.
     Ideas, suggestions?

| -Doug  Bischoff- |    *** ***    ====--\         | "I'm not God...  |
| -DEB110 @ PSUVM- |   *  ***  *     ==|<>\___     |    I was just    |
| -The Black Ring- |    *** ***        |______\    |       misquoted!"|
| --- "Wheels" --- |      ***           O   O      |   -Dave Lister   |
| Corwyn Blakwolfe |     T.R.I.     -------------  |    RED DWARF     |
\---- DEB110@PSUVM.PSU.EDU  D.BISCHOFF on GEnie  THIRDMAN on PAN -----/

yorkw@stable.ecn.purdue.edu (Willis F York) (03/30/91)

DEB110@psuvm.psu.edu (Doug Bischoff) writes:

>     Hi all.
>     Well, since I can't afford a good C package, I've been working on writing
>some programs in ARexx so I don't get TOO rusty.  First I thought it logical
>to open a screen, open some windows, and put some simple requesters/gadgets in
>them.
>     I'm using the rx_intui.library for my intuition calls for windows/screens
>and such.  After running several test versions, I was able to get the program
>to do just that, but before any gadgets appear, I get an ARexx error, "Unmatch
>ed Parenthesis" right on a statement that has ONLY TWO PARENTHESIS.  One Open,
>and one Close.  I don't get it.
>     Ideas, suggestions?

I`ve been having problems with that rx=inuti.library also.
Either I`m doing somthing wrong, or somthing odd is happening.,
I can get the Example progrms to work SOMEtimes..

Seems like a Neat idea, but either i`m missing some Docs or there ain`t many
.
.

--
yorkw@ecn.purdue.edu  aka Willis F York   aka Squid on IRC
The only thing that Apple invented is the idea to borrow Xerox-invented ideas.

dac@prolix.pub.uu.oz.au (Andrew Clayton) (03/30/91)

In article <91088.135756DEB110@psuvm.psu.edu>, Doug Bischoff writes:

>      I'm using the rx_intui.library for my intuition calls for windows/screens
> and such.  After running several test versions, I was able to get the program
> to do just that, but before any gadgets appear, I get an ARexx error, "Unmatch
> ed Parenthesis" right on a statement that has ONLY TWO PARENTHESIS.  One Open,
> and one Close.  I don't get it.

I've run into this problem when I'm using another function in the parenthesis,
that requires a parameter, and I haven't supplied a parameter.

Dac
--
David Andrew Clayton. // _l _  _ dac@prolix.pub.uu.oz.au    *or*|I post.I am.
Canberra, Australia.\X/ (_](_l(_ ccadfa.cc.adfa.oz.au!prolix!dac@munnari.oz