[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] Guru number 25

labben@iesd.auc.dk (Lars Bodin) (03/26/91)

I am working on a program, which up until now has worked just fine,
but yesterday I made a few minor modifications and suddenly got
guru number #00000025.00000000, when my program exited.

I haven't seen this guru before and it's not included in any documentation,
I have read. If you know what it means, please E-mail me. Thanks.

- Lars Bodin
--
AMIGA  //     Lars Bodin
      //      Department of Mathematics & Computer Science,

In article <1991Mar26.073213.12328@iesd.auc.dk> labben@iesd.auc.dk (Lars Bodin) writes:
>I am working on a program, which up until now has worked just fine,
>but yesterday I made a few minor modifications and suddenly got
>guru number #00000025.00000000, when my program exited.

I've seen that one before, and it's a mystery to me.  If you took it as an
exception number, it would indicate the prioity 1 interrupt autovector, which
clearly wouldn't be an exception.  My theory is that it means "Exec tosses
cookies", but that's just a guess.

>- Lars Bodin
      "That's me in the corner, that's me in the spotlight" -R.E.M.

valentin@public.BTR.COM (Valentin Pepelea) (03/31/91)

(Lars Bodin) writes:
>I am working on a program, which up until now has worked just fine,
>but yesterday I made a few minor modifications and suddenly got
>guru number #00000025.00000000, when my program exited.

Guru $25 is a Trace exception. Expercience tells me that this guru number
actually has nothing to do with the reason for which your program crashed.

Somebody should update Alert function so that Guru numbers will be displayed
in the $xxxx.xxxx format rather than #xxxx.xxxx format. Those are hex
numbers we are talking about, not decimals.

Valentin
--
"An operating system without virtual memory      Name:      Valentin Pepelea
 is an operating system without virtue."         Phone:     (408) 985-1700