[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] ML available for the Amiga?

d0bucwa@dtek.chalmers.se (Walter Buchebner) (03/19/91)

                      HI!

  This is my very first attempt to communicate with the
outside world via computers, so I hope this will reach
the intended dewstination.

  Is there anyone who kmows if standard ML is available
for the amiga?  If it is, where can I get it?
I came across a mac version, but don`t want to buy a
mac-emulator to be able to use it.

bayerf@Informatik.TU-Muenchen.DE (Friedrich Bayer) (04/02/91)

In article <1991Mar19.125027.2421@mathrt0.math.chalmers.se> d0bucwa@dtek.chalmers.se (Walter Buchebner) writes:

>                      HI!
>
>  This is my very first attempt to communicate with the
>outside world via computers, so I hope this will reach
>the intended dewstination.
>
>  Is there anyone who kmows if standard ML is available
>for the amiga?  If it is, where can I get it?
>I came across a mac version, but don`t want to buy a
>mac-emulator to be able to use it.

Hi !

(this is also my very first attempt to answer !)
I ported Standard ML from Unix and it works fine on the A1000 (also on the
A2000), but needs at least 1Mbyte of contiguous Memory.
At this time I'm trying to port it for the A3000 but I have problems with
the memory addresse above 0xffffff.

The program, together with the sources (C) and the exported and modified
heap need about 800 k.

My address is:
   Friedrich Bayer
   Artilleriestr. 21a
   W8000 Muenchen 19

(Sorry, but I don't have an email address)