[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] Kick Pascal Help...

himpel@uni-paderborn.de (Jens Gelhar) (03/27/91)

talso@leo.unm.edu (Daniel Talso) writes:

>In article <1991Apr5.094129.10302@uni-paderborn.de> himpel@uni-paderborn.de (Jens Gelhar) writes:
>>talso@leo.unm.edu (Daniel Talso) writes:
>>

>>>	I just got Kick Pascal, but the manual is in German, and I don't
>>>know any of it... I can compile and run a program fine with in the
>>>editor just fine, but when I try to use the 'o'bject file option and
>>>save the compiled file to the disk and ran it from CLI, it didn't
>>>work.... it was a simple program... and it was:
>>
>> [stuff deleted]
>>
>>Which version is your Kickpascal? Well, if it's Kickpascal 2.0x, you have to
>>create an EXECUTE-file (with the "File"-Pull-down-menu or the "E"-Key in the
>>keyboard menu). An OBJECT-file is a file for external linking (e. g. with
>>the BLink-public-domain-linker).
>>
>	The version I have is 1.50, do I have to get the higher version
>to create an executable file?

Hmmmm. There has NEVER been an official 1.5 Version, but I know that there
was an 1.5 alpha-test-release that appeared in the underground... (in the
Netherlands first, as far as i know). So i'm a bit surprised that you have
a manual for your pascal... ;-)

Love, peace and happyness,

Jens.
--
   /   /  .  ___    ___   ___   /     * The Himpel Software Systems Company
  /---/  /  / / /  /  /  /__/  /      * Jens Gelhar - himpel@uni-paderborn.de

talso@leo.unm.edu (Daniel Talso) (04/02/91)

	I just got Kick Pascal, but the manual is in German, and I don't
know any of it... I can compile and run a program fine with in the
editor just fine, but when I try to use the 'o'bject file option and
save the compiled file to the disk and ran it from CLI, it didn't
work.... it was a simple program... and it was:

program test(input,output);

begin
	writeln('This is a test');
end.

But it wouldn't run from cli, can anyone help?

himpel@uni-paderborn.de (Jens Gelhar) (04/05/91)

talso@leo.unm.edu (Daniel Talso) writes:

>	I just got Kick Pascal, but the manual is in German, and I don't
>know any of it... I can compile and run a program fine with in the
>editor just fine, but when I try to use the 'o'bject file option and
>save the compiled file to the disk and ran it from CLI, it didn't
>work.... it was a simple program... and it was:

>program test(input,output);

>begin
>	writeln('This is a test');
>end.

>But it wouldn't run from cli, can anyone help?

Which version is your Kickpascal? Well, if it's Kickpascal 2.0x, you have to
create an EXECUTE-file (with the "File"-Pull-down-menu or the "E"-Key in the
keyboard menu). An OBJECT-file is a file for external linking (e. g. with
the BLink-public-domain-linker). So you could enter

BLink myprog.o paslib.o to myprog

in the CLI ("paslib.o" is the Kickpascal runtime library and is included
somewhere on one of the disks, BLink can be found on many PD disks) to
create an executable file manually, but of course it is easyer to do that
directly from the KP system.

Ciao,

Jens.

--