[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] SAS/C profiler info request

ben@epmooch.UUCP (Rev. Ben A. Mesander) (04/06/91)

>In article <1991Apr7.142405.4581@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> gerber@sirius.astro.uiuc.edu (Richard Gerber) writes:
>Inspired by the recent discussion on optimization, I decided to run a
>program I'm working on through the SAS/C 5.10a profiler. I found that
>40% of the program time is being spent in the routine _CXM55. How do I
>find out what function this is?

Odds are that's a bit of the internal library division routine, or a bit
of the internal library transcendental function code. The _CXMxx functions
seem to be internal math subroutines used by the SAS/C compiler. What
floating point format are you using?

--
| ben@epmooch.UUCP   (Ben Mesander)       | "Cash is more important than |
| ben%servalan.UUCP@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu |  your mother." - Al Shugart, |

gerber@sirius.astro.uiuc.edu (Richard Gerber) (04/07/91)

Inspired by the recent discussion on optimization, I decided to run a
program I'm working on through the SAS/C 5.10a profiler. I found that
40% of the program time is being spent in the routine _CXM55. How do I
find out what function this is?
I assume it's related to one of the many math function calls I'm using,
but I can't figure out which one. If it's in the manuals, I can't find
it.

Thanks,
Richard
gerber@rigel.astro.uiuc.edu

bombadil@diku.dk (Kristian Nielsen) (04/08/91)

gerber@sirius.astro.uiuc.edu (Richard Gerber) writes:

>Inspired by the recent discussion on optimization, I decided to run a
>program I'm working on through the SAS/C 5.10a profiler. I found that
>40% of the program time is being spent in the routine _CXM55. How do I
>find out what function this is?
  From long hours of disassembly, I am pretty sure this is a function to
multiply two double's (M for multiply, 5 for double).

>I assume it's related to one of the many math function calls I'm using,
>but I can't figure out which one. If it's in the manuals, I can't find
>it.
  Yes, it wouldn't hurt anyone to have these documented in the manuals.

>Thanks,
>Richard
>gerber@rigel.astro.uiuc.edu

	Kristian