[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] SAS 'C' CodeProbe wanted options!!!

231b3678@fergvax.unl.edu (Phil Dietz) (04/04/91)

CodeProbe is nice, but it's missing some features!  If you, SAS, are reading
this, please incorporate these options....

1)  I'd like to have an interrupt key.  It takes forever to step through a
program.  I'd like to GO (run) a program, then when the program is running
at a certain point (like trapping menus, etc.) I could press ESC or Amiga-ESC
etc.  It will then give control back to CodeProbe for single stepping....

2)  I'd like to have CodeProbe pipe the dissassembly to a file for printing.
I generally use codeprobe directly of executables, so source is not to use
omd.

3)  I'd like to be able to save where I'm at in my single-stepping session.
REASON:  when my program crashes inside of cpr, I have to step through the
whole mother again (and try to remember the statement that did it!)

Phil Dietz

---
   I don't like to flame!                                    Phil Dietz
   You know what?                              231b3678@fergvax.unl.edu
   Newton and Leibniz suck big time!                  Univ. of Nebraska

wasp@chumly.ka.sub.org (Walter Mildenberger) (04/06/91)

In article <1991apr03.222040.1601@hoss.unl.edu>,
	231b3678@fergvax.unl.edu (Phil Dietz) writes:
>CodeProbe is nice, but it's missing some features!  If you, SAS, are reading
>this, please incorporate these options....
>
>1)  I'd like to have an interrupt key.  It takes forever to step through a
>program.  I'd like to GO (run) a program, then when the program is running
>at a certain point (like trapping menus, etc.) I could press ESC or Amiga-ESC
>etc.  It will then give control back to CodeProbe for single stepping....

	Ever tried to set Breakpoints ? Ore use go <location> ?

You better RTFM :-)  (D21/D88)

>2)  I'd like to have CodeProbe pipe the dissassembly to a file for printing.
>I generally use codeprobe directly of executables, so source is not to use
>omd.

There're many disassemblers floating 'round...

>3)  I'd like to be able to save where I'm at in my single-stepping session.
>REASON:  when my program crashes inside of cpr, I have to step through the
>whole mother again (and try to remember the statement that did it!)

Or cpr chrashes itself :-(	This often occur if you're using system()
within your program and step thru/over :-(

But you can use the "core"-feature of catch :-) (U99/Preface xiii)

Regards
--
* Walter Mildenberger, Morgenstr. 55, W-7500 Karlsruhe 1,FRG, (0721)385090 *
* UseNet/SubNet: wasp@chumly.ka.sub.org | Bitnet: sorry, no time to handle *

dave@unislc.uucp (Dave Martin) (04/09/91)

From article <1991Apr03.222040.1601@hoss.unl.edu>, by 231b3678@fergvax.unl.edu (Phil Dietz):
> CodeProbe is nice, but it's missing some features!  If you, SAS, are reading
> this, please incorporate these options....
>
> 1)  I'd like to have an interrupt key.  It takes forever to step through a
> program.  I'd like to GO (run) a program, then when the program is running
> at a certain point (like trapping menus, etc.) I could press ESC or Amiga-ESC
> etc.  It will then give control back to CodeProbe for single stepping....
>
> 3)  I'd like to be able to save where I'm at in my single-stepping session.
> REASON:  when my program crashes inside of cpr, I have to step through the
> whole mother again (and try to remember the statement that did it!)

Have you tried setting break points?
--
VAX Headroom	Speaking for myself only... blah blah blahblah blah...
Internet: DMARTIN@CC.WEBER.EDU                 dave@saltlcy-unisys.army.mil