[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] Mac's Powerpacker WANTED.

jms@vanth.UUCP (Jim Shaffer) (04/14/91)

In article <1229@teslab.lab.OZ> andrew@teslab.lab.OZ (Andrew Phillips) writes:
>In article <1991Apr1.222606.2530@ucselx.sdsu.edu> maxc1553@ucselx.sdsu.edu (InnerTangent - human1) writes:
>>[wants the Mac equivalent of PwoerPacker]
>
>I haven't heard of a Mac program to compress executables and then
>uncompress them on-the-fly but there is one to uncompress/compress
>data files on-the-fly.  It is a CDEV called AutoSqueeze and was
>posted to comp.binaries.mac in Feb.  It automatically expands data
>files when they are used and compresses them again when you're finished.

OK, now the big question:  Has anyone written anything like this for the
Amiga?	For example, I have lots of PD games that I'd like to fit onto
fewer disks, but compressing the executables doesn't save much space
because the sound and graphics files are so large.  Something like the
above-mentioned program would be a major benefit.

--
*  From the disk of:  | jms@vanth.uucp		     | "You know I never knew
Jim Shaffer, Jr.      | amix.commodore.com!vanth!jms | that it could be so