[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] Module Players

ben@epmooch.UUCP (Rev. Ben A. Mesander) (04/15/91)

>In article <4616@orbit.cts.com> koleman@pnet51.orb.mn.org (Kurt "Koleman" Koller) writes:
[Re: intuitracker]

>Actually, using CIAB does not solve the problem.  The reason it boms i that he
>is doing a bset to clear the interrupt, which clears all the interrupts,
>including serial.  I know, I'm having the same problem with my player.

Well, so what's keeping you from doing it the right way? :-)

>Actually, if you are talking about Intuitracker, you're dead wrong, because
>IntuiTracker uses the Vertical Blank interrupt, and not CIAs at all.

So it does:
0002ccd8 0002ccf8 0002cd50   10 S E Vert.Blank IntuiTracker (from xoper)

I have source to another tracker that uses vblank, and it doesn't crash
the system during serial I/O. As I understand it, using the VBLANK int
for this sort of thing is not considered a good idea. The overhead is
very high, and you run into the PAL vs. NTSC timing thing.

--
| ben@epmooch.UUCP   (Ben Mesander)       | "Cash is more important than |
| ben%servalan.UUCP@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu |  your mother." - Al Shugart, |