[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] power off!

v139r563@ubvmsd.cc.buffalo.edu (Brian R Talty) (04/10/91)

        I have a problem with a game I have. Everytime I load it up
the power light on my Amiga 500 shuts off. Although, the game continues
to run fine. Could this be a specific virus in the disk? I can't seem
to come up with anything. Any comments are appreciated! Thanks...

                            Brian //
                               \\//

elg@elgamy.RAIDERNET.COM (Eric Lee Green) (04/12/91)

From article <70105@eerie.acsu.Buffalo.EDU>, by v139r563@ubvmsd.cc.buffalo.edu (Brian R Talty):
>         I have a problem with a game I have. Everytime I load it up
> the power light on my Amiga 500 shuts off. Although, the game continues
> to run fine. Could this be a specific virus in the disk? I can't seem
> to come up with anything. Any comments are appreciated! Thanks...

Hmm. When your machine Guru's, does the power light blink on and off?

Nothing's wrong. The game is simply turning off the audio filter. A risky
enterprise, since the A1000 doesn't have an audio filter switch hooked up
to that power light bit, but some games don't care about backward
compatibility for some reason.

--
Eric Lee Green   (318) 984-1820  P.O. Box 92191  Lafayette, LA 70509
elg@elgamy.RAIDERNET.COM               uunet!mjbtn!raider!elgamy!elg

koleman@pnet51.orb.mn.org (Kurt "Koleman" Koller) (04/17/91)

elg@elgamy.RAIDERNET.COM (Eric Lee Green) writes:
>From article <70105@eerie.acsu.Buffalo.EDU>, by v139r563@ubvmsd.cc.buffalo.edu (Brian R Talty):
>>         I have a problem with a game I have. Everytime I load it up
>> the power light on my Amiga 500 shuts off. Although, the game continues
>> to run fine. Could this be a specific virus in the disk? I can't seem
>> to come up with anything. Any comments are appreciated! Thanks...
>
>Hmm. When your machine Guru's, does the power light blink on and off?
>
>Nothing's wrong. The game is simply turning off the audio filter. A risky
>enterprise, since the A1000 doesn't have an audio filter switch hooked up
>to that power light bit, but some games don't care about backward
>compatibility for some reason.
>
>--
>Eric Lee Green   (318) 984-1820  P.O. Box 92191  Lafayette, LA 70509
>elg@elgamy.RAIDERNET.COM               uunet!mjbtn!raider!elgamy!elg
> Looking for a job... tips, leads appreciated... inquire within...

Then again, it does absolutely nothing in the 1000, so why the hell does it
matter?

| Kurt "Koleman" Koller   | ( )/ ) /,\ ( )   ( __)(  \/  )  ( )  (  \ ( )
UUCP: {crash tcnet}!orbit!pnet51!koleman
INET: koleman@pnet51.orb.mn.org