[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] Beginners C

stevek@amiglynx.UUCP (Steve K) (04/18/91)

I am looking for the best book to bring someone who knows STANDARD Pascal
quite well to Amiga C.  I have the Abacus Beginners Book to Amiga C, but I
feel it does not cover the basici well enough (or should I look towards a
non-system specific C book for that).  Should I also pick up the Rom-Kernal
manual?

While I'm on the subject, what about a compiler for beginners also?  Will the
public domain compilers suffice for now?  I don't really care which is the
"best" (or atleast for now), just one that gets the job done.

-=*> Steve Krulewitz -------------------- UUNET!tronsbox!amiglynx!stevek <*=-

frank@morpheus.UUCP (Frank McPherson) (04/21/91)

--
One book you may want to take a look at is the C Primer Plus, by the
Waite Group.  It's a reasonably decent self-tutorial on C.

Hope this helps,

-- Frank McPherson		 INTERNET : emcphers@fox.cs.vt.edu	--
--				AmigaUUCP : uunet!vtserf!morpheus!frank --