[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] Disabling System Requesters from C.

reher@ucunx1.san.uc.edu (Jay R. Reher) (04/13/91)

	How does one disable System Requesters from C. I am writing a small
program that displays free space in both memory and drive (both hard and
floppy) in a small window on the screen.  When no disk is in a floppy, the
system asks me to put a disk in it. I just want to display 0 bytes free when
no disk in in the drive.

           Thanx in Advance....

					Jay R. Reher

ccplumb@rose.waterloo.edu (Colin Plumb) (04/13/91)

In your process structure, there's a pr_WindowPtr field.  This is the window
the DOS requesters get hung off of.  If set to NULL, dos requesters silently
fail. (see libraries/dosextens.h)
--
	-Colin

jpotter@ucs.adelaide.edu.au (Jonathan Potter) (04/14/91)

In article <1991Apr13.081303.3300@watdragon.waterloo.edu> ccplumb@rose.waterloo.edu (Colin Plumb) writes:
>In your process structure, there's a pr_WindowPtr field.  This is the window
>the DOS requesters get hung off of.  If set to NULL, dos requesters silently
>fail. (see libraries/dosextens.h)
>--
>       -Colin

If set to NULL, dos requesters appear on the Workbench screen. To prevent them
from appearing at all, you must set pr_WindowPtr=-1;

Jon
--
| Jonathan Potter  |                             | Life is like a piece of   |
| P.O. Box 289     | jpotter@itd.adelaide.edu.au |   spinach...              |

billy@phoenix.pub.uu.oz.au (Jeff Coleman) (04/22/91)

In <2852@sirius.ucs.adelaide.edu.au> jpotter@ucs.adelaide.edu.au (Jonathan Potter) writes:

>In article <1991Apr13.081303.3300@watdragon.waterloo.edu> ccplumb@rose.waterloo.edu (Colin Plumb) writes:
>>In your process structure, there's a pr_WindowPtr field.  This is the window
>>the DOS requesters get hung off of.  If set to NULL, dos requesters silently
>>fail. (see libraries/dosextens.h)
>>--
>>       -Colin

>If set to NULL, dos requesters appear on the Workbench screen. To prevent them
>from appearing at all, you must set pr_WindowPtr=-1;

It also should be noted that if left in this state once your program is
finished you will not get the requesters enabled again.Make sure you take
a copy of what pr_WindowPtr is before you use it and RESTORE it when you have
finished.

jeff.