[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] Need source examples for 2.0 gadtools.library

gt1619a@prism.gatech.EDU (James is just this guy, you know...) (04/23/91)

Is there somebody that can send me some source examples that make use of the
gadtools.library that are part of WB2.0. I'm writing a package that could make
use of such things (very much so).

Any help will be appreciated...

BTW: When will there be 2.0 ROM Kernal manuals. The basic libraries functions
and includes should be the same, even before they've finalized the ROMs. So,
where are they?

saunders@triton.unm.edu (Richard Saunders CIRT) (04/24/91)

In article <27077@hydra.gatech.EDU> gt1619a@prism.gatech.EDU (James is just this guy, you know...) writes:
     [some text deleted]
>BTW: When will there be 2.0 ROM Kernal manuals. The basic libraries functions
>and includes should be the same, even before they've finalized the ROMs. So,
>where are they?

I have the same question.
I've been avoiding buying system documentation, hoping there will
be "2.0" specific stuff.  Will we actually be seeing such manuals,
or will the ones out there right now have to suffice for a while?
_Any_ knowledge in this area would be appreciated. Should I wait?
Or should I buy now?

* saunders@triton.unm.edu * "This is _NOT_ Mel Tormet!" -Top Secret

dillon@overload.Berkeley.CA.US (Matthew Dillon) (04/25/91)

In article <1991Apr23.212022.26120@ariel.unm.edu> saunders@triton.unm.edu (Richard Saunders CIRT) writes:
>In article <27077@hydra.gatech.EDU> gt1619a@prism.gatech.EDU (James is just this guy, you know...) writes:
>     [some text deleted]
>>BTW: When will there be 2.0 ROM Kernal manuals. The basic libraries functions
>>and includes should be the same, even before they've finalized the ROMs. So,
>>where are they?
>
>I have the same question.
>I've been avoiding buying system documentation, hoping there will
>be "2.0" specific stuff.  Will we actually be seeing such manuals,
>or will the ones out there right now have to suffice for a while?
>_Any_ knowledge in this area would be appreciated. Should I wait?
>Or should I buy now?
>
>* saunders@triton.unm.edu * "This is _NOT_ Mel Tormet!" -Top Secret

    The 2.0 autodocs will most likely be available way before any bound
    manuals, but I don't know exactly when.  Developer's already have
    access to the 2.0 autodocs (which, by the way, are still under constant
    revision -- mainly getting cleaned up and adding clarifications).

						-Matt

--

    Matthew Dillon	    dillon@Overload.Berkeley.CA.US
    891 Regal Rd.	    uunet.uu.net!overload!dillon