[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] InitArea

tmb@davinci.acc.Virginia.EDU (Thomas M. Breeden) (04/25/91)

I am having trouble with FillEllipse(). Ellipses are mostly filled,
but have unfilled horizontal sections in them and/or filling that
appears outside of part of the ellipse.

I've got a real big AreaBuffer (about 1000 bytes) and a big TmpRas
raster.

Some ellipses are filled right, however. Polygon filling with
AreaMove() and AreaDraw() seems to work ok.

I am not sure, after reading the docs, whether InitArea() should be
called only once for the area structure, or needs to be called
before starting every area. ie, after one AreadEnd() call do I
need to call InitArea() before the next AreaMove()?

Maybe I need to call AreaMove() before the FillEllipse()?

Thanks in advance for any light you can shed on this?

Tom Breeden
tmb@virginia.edu

            - Tom Breeden
              tmb@virginia.EDU      -> Internet
              tmb@virginia          -> BITNET

ken@cbmvax.commodore.com (Ken Farinsky - CATS) (04/25/91)

In article <1991Apr24.194803.21622@murdoch.acc.Virginia.EDU> tmb@davinci.acc.Virginia.EDU (Thomas M. Breeden) writes:
>I am having trouble with FillEllipse(). Ellipses are mostly filled,
>but have unfilled horizontal sections in them and/or filling that
>appears outside of part of the ellipse.
>
>Some ellipses are filled right, however. Polygon filling with
>AreaMove() and AreaDraw() seems to work ok.
>
>I am not sure, after reading the docs, whether InitArea() should be
>called only once for the area structure, or needs to be called
>before starting every area. ie, after one AreadEnd() call do I
>need to call InitArea() before the next AreaMove()?

Try going through and nulling out the AreaBuffer between uses.
I seem to recall problems with garbage in the buffer.  Sorry, I don't
have any specifics on a fix...
Ken Farinsky - CATS - (215) 431-9421 - Commodore Business Machines
uucp: ken@cbmvax.commodore.com   or  ...{uunet,rutgers}!cbmvax!ken
bix:  kfarinsky