[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] Need help with AmigaTCP and 2065 board

ake@dayton.saic.com (Earle Ake) (04/17/91)

	Is anyone running the AmigaTCP package that appeared on Fred Fish disk
225?  I am attempting to run it on a 2000 with the 2065 ethernet LAN board to
no success.  Any help would be appreciated.

Earle
             ____ ____    ___
Earle Ake   /___ /___/ / /     Science Applications International Corporation
           ____//   / / /__                 Dayton, Ohio
Internet: ake@dayton.saic.com        uucp: dayvb!ake         SPAN: 28284::ake

dhansen@amiganet.chi.il.us (Dave Hansen) (04/21/91)

>	Is anyone running the AmigaTCP package that appeared on Fred Fish disk
>225?  I am attempting to run it on a 2000 with the 2065 ethernet LAN board to
>no success.  Any help would be appreciated.
>

>Earle
>_____________________________________________________________________________
>             ____ ____    ___
>Earle Ake   /___ /___/ / /     Science Applications International Corporation
>           ____//   / / /__                 Dayton, Ohio
>Internet: ake@dayton.saic.com        uucp: dayvb!ake         SPAN: 28284::ake
I'd suggest that you purchase the CBM AS225 software that works with the A2065
ethernet board.  I'm using that in a 16 Amiga, SUN SPARC, and 7 Encore
mini-computers network and it works well.  FTP is up to about 60K/sec.  rlogin
and telnet work.  The only trouble I've had is trying to FTP to a host that
has user passwords with an automatic script.

voice: (708)691-4747             Internet:dhansen@amiganet.chi.il.us

rick@tmiuv0.uucp (04/29/91)

In article <1991Apr17.120204.1568@dayton.saic.com>, ake@dayton.saic.com (Earle Ake) writes:
> 	Is anyone running the AmigaTCP package that appeared on Fred Fish disk
> 225?  I am attempting to run it on a 2000 with the 2065 ethernet LAN board to
> no success.  Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Earle
> Internet: ake@dayton.saic.com        uucp: dayvb!ake         SPAN: 28284::ake

I'm running the 2065 and the Commodore AS225 software.  So far, very few
glitches.  One 2065 is in an Amiga 2500/30 and is talking to four SCO ODT
systems (386s with SCO OpenDeskTop [Unix]).  The other 2065 is in an A3000
and is talking to a 386 running Everex's ESIX (Unix SVR3).

The only major glitch I've run into is bogus messages from the FTP software,
but the release disks tell you (in a readme file) to ignore those messages.

As far as I can see, the only real hole in the CBM offering is the lack of
an NFS server module (it includes a client, but no server).  Nuts!  Oh, and
the CBM software wants a stack of 20K for the CLI commands.  Ah, well.
--
|[- O] Rick Stevens                                                        |