[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] IFF File Formats

cs4344af@cse.uta.edu (Fuzzy Fox) (04/26/91)

I am trying to find information the IFF file formats used on the
Commodore Amiga, in particular those which are used for graphics, such
as still frame and animation files.  I hope that this information can be
found on an FTP site, but pointers to relevant books, etc. would be
helpful as well.  FTP is preferred.

--
David DeSimone, aka "Fuzzy Fox" on some networks.          /!/!
INET:    an207@cleveland.freenet.edu                      /  ..

ken@cbmvax.commodore.com (Ken Farinsky - CATS) (04/29/91)

In article <1991Apr26.085203.7797@cse.uta.edu> cs4344af@cse.uta.edu (Fuzzy Fox) writes:
>I am trying to find information the IFF file formats used on the
>Commodore Amiga, in particular those which are used for graphics, such
>as still frame and animation files.  I hope that this information can be
>found on an FTP site, but pointers to relevant books, etc. would be
>helpful as well.  FTP is preferred.
>--
>INET:    an207@cleveland.freenet.edu                      /  ..

Look in the back of the "Amiga ROM Kernel Manual: Includes & Autodocs".
There is a large section there on IFF.
Ken Farinsky - CATS - (215) 431-9421 - Commodore Business Machines
uucp: ken@cbmvax.commodore.com   or  ...{uunet,rutgers}!cbmvax!ken
bix:  kfarinsky