[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] A1000 Power Supply

swoodcoc@isis.cs.du.edu (Steven Markus Woodcock) (04/30/91)

   Okay, here's the story:  I just bought a Golden Image Master 3A-1D external
floppy for my A1000.  I already have a (vintage) C= A1010 external and a
Spirit Inboard with 1.0 MB on it (grand total of 1.5MB).

   The question:  Is my A1000's power supply big enough to handle this new
drive?  Everything SEEMS to work just fine, but I can't find any more my
technical specifications for the A1000 to confirm this.  I seem to remember
that the A1000 had a decent sized power supply (I'm probably near it's
limit, but I don't plan to add anything else).

   Anybody out there have an answer?

Steven W.
One of the Good Guys

--
    "...Men will awake presently and be Men again, and colour and laughter and
 splendid living will return to a grey civilization. But that will only come

phil@adam.adelaide.edu.au (Phil Kernick) (05/01/91)

swoodcoc@isis.cs.du.edu (Steven Markus Woodcock) writes:

Yes, without a doubt there will be no problems.

>   The question:  Is my A1000's power supply big enough to handle this new
>drive?  Everything SEEMS to work just fine, but I can't find any more my
>technical specifications for the A1000 to confirm this.  I seem to remember
>that the A1000 had a decent sized power supply (I'm probably near it's
>limit, but I don't plan to add anything else).

You are not really even near the limit.  I had the following setup on my
A1000 for about 18 months with no problems:

      A1000
      External 3.5" drive
      External 5.25" drive
      Spirit Inboard 1.5M expansion (total 2M RAM)
      ST506 Hard disk controller
      40M ST506 hard disk
      AMax

All working perfectly.

I only took it apart as I am waiting for some faster RAM and hard
drives.

I hope this helps,
Phil.

--
o|      ///   Phil Kernick              EMail:  phil@adam.adelaide.edu.au    |o
 |     ///    Departmental Engineer     Phone:  +618 228 5914                |