[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] A device for file devices?

ins760z@monu4.cc.monash.edu.au (mr c.r. hames) (04/26/91)

      Has someone written a device that takes a file device
(by this a mean like those virtual hard drives with the bridgeboard)
for its input?  So for instance you could mount one of these bridgeboard
files with a MessyDOS filesystem to read and write from/to it.

      I am thinking of writting such a device but don't want to re-invent
the wheel so anyone done something similar ??

Thanks,

Chris Hames  - The person to blame for DirWork, FSDirs etc
               Its real soon now people in the know.
ins760z@monu4.cc.monash.edu.au

rhialto@cs.kun.nl (Olaf'Rhialto'Seibert) (05/01/91)

In article <12798@monu1.cc.monash.oz> ins760z@monu4.cc.monash.edu.au (mr  c.r. hames) writes:
>      Has someone written a device that takes a file device
>(by this a mean like those virtual hard drives with the bridgeboard)
>for its input?  So for instance you could mount one of these bridgeboard
>files with a MessyDOS filesystem to read and write from/to it.

fmsdisk.device, by Mattew Dillon, should be exactly what you describe.
Available on some Fish disk, of course.

Oh, and if it actually works with MSH: and a bridgeboard file, please
let me know so I can document the fact.
--
Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert                               rhialto@cs.kun.nl
How can you be so stupid if you're identical to me? -Robert Silverberg