[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] IFFlib help

tosmith@vela.acs.oakland.edu (Tom Smith) (04/30/91)

   I just got the registered DICE compiler. I have been trying to use the
IFFlib from Fred Fish #301 and I get undefined function errors from the
compiler. I got iff.library in LIBS: and iff.h in DCC:include . Is there
something I have to do to the library to install it? The OpenLibrary()
compiles fine and I have iff.h included but things like _DecodePic() and
_OpenIFF() are undefined. What is the grand clue?
--
                                        Tom...
 "...Great, I'm surrounded by      + INTERNET tosmith@vela.acs.oakland.edu

valentin@public.BTR.COM (Valentin Pepelea) (05/01/91)

In article <6194@vela.acs.oakland.edu> tosmith@vela.acs.oakland.edu (Tom
Smith) writes:

>   I just got the registered DICE compiler. I have been trying to use the
>IFFlib from Fred Fish #301 and I get undefined function errors from the
>compiler.

If your compiler supported the Lettuce (oops, SOS) #pragma statements, then
all you would have to do is #include the pramga statements file. Otherwise
you have to link with a .o or .lib file which puts the arguments in the
proper registers, and calls the library function with an offset off the
library base.

Valentin
--
"An operating system without virtual memory      Name:      Valentin Pepelea
 is an operating system without virtue."         Phone:     (408) 985-1700

tosmith@vela.acs.oakland.edu (Tom Smith) (05/02/91)

Thanks for the help. Apparantly, I was informed that a .asm file needed to
be linked in. I am also poking around in the FF185 Commadore IFF distribution
disk. Seems to have includes for IFF haven't scanned them yet for their uses.
I appreciate the responses.