[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] RxTools gadget examples

nfs1675@dsacg3.dsac.dla.mil (Michael S Figg) (04/30/91)

Has anybody played with the gadget examples in RxTools? The first one
consistently crashes my machine (A2000) and my environment hasn't been
prone to crashes lately. Until now .... Wondering if anybody else has had
this problem and come to any conclusion as to what RxTools doesn't like.

---Mike,

--
 --------       o       A herd of bagels      | Michael Figg  DSAC-FSD
 |      |  --  oo o o   escaping from a deli. | DLA Systems Automation Center
 |      |  -- ooo oo    Looking for Lox in    | Cols, Ohio mfigg@dsac.dla.mil
 --------      o o      all the wrong places  | CIS: 73777,360

giguere@csg.uwaterloo.ca (Eric Giguere) (05/02/91)

If you have RxTools, make sure you call their BBS at (608) 277-8072 to
get the latest update, as a number of bugs have been fixed.  I have a
review of RxTools coming up in AW TechJournal #3.  RxTools is a powerful
package, but pitch the manual.  They're in the process of writing a new
one right now.  The first one is just awful.

--
Eric Giguere                                       giguere@csg.UWaterloo.CA
           Unlike the cleaning lady, I have to do Windows.

nfs1675@dsacg3.dsac.dla.mil (Michael S Figg) (05/02/91)

In article <3184@dsacg3.dsac.dla.mil>, nfs1675@dsacg3.dsac.dla.mil (Michael S Figg) writes:

> Has anybody played with the gadget examples in RxTools? The first one
> consistently crashes my machine (A2000) and my environment hasn't been
> prone to crashes lately. Until now ....

The problem seemed to be incompatability with Parm. So Parm is gone for the
time being.

> ---Mike,

---Mike, again.