[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] CLI features

mwm@pa.dec.com (Mike (My Watch Has Windows) Meyer) (05/01/91)

In article <48144@ut-emx.uucp> lshaw@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (logan shaw) writes:
   Maybe somebody out there will write a shell that implements &, |, *,
   and filename completion (all optionally to maintain compatibility).

Except for the standalone '*', it's called WShell. It also lets you
put file redirection wherever you want on a comand line. It's been
around for years. With 2.0 and a PD hack, you get everything you want.

	<mike

--
I know the world is flat.				Mike Meyer
Don't try tell me that it's round.			mwm@pa.dec.com

umueller@iiic.ethz.ch (Urban Dominik Mueller) (05/02/91)

>In article <48144@ut-emx.uucp> lshaw@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (logan shaw) writes:
>   Maybe somebody out there will write a shell that implements &, |, *,
>   and filename completion (all optionally to maintain compatibility).

CSH implements all, SKSH most of the features you're asking for, and they're
both public domain. Both have a powerful built in script language, and
CShell can additionally run AmigaDOS scripts. Note that SKSH still has
bugs under kickstart 2.0. SKSH is around 60K, CSH 90K and residentable.

 U. Dominik Mueller      umueller@iiic.ethz.ch       .sig light!