[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] Looking for an Assembler Package

JBK4@psuvm.psu.edu (05/01/91)

I posted the following message some time ago and got quite a few responses but
recently when I went to check them I couldn't find the file I put them in.

I'm interested in programming my A3000 in assembly language and want an assembl
er package with the following features:

1) Support '030 & '040 processors.
2) Have a linker & debugger.
3) Have a disassembler.
4) Decent documentation.
5) A company that will continue to provide new revisions, upgrades and support.

If possible, please include an address or phone number or the company so that I
can contact them.

I'd also like to locate some 3000 related programming books/manuals.  I am awar
e of the CATS program and hope to have the money soon so I can join.

Thanks for any help.

Jason Koszarsky, JBK4@PSUVM

chucks@pnet51.orb.mn.org (Erik Funkenbusch) (05/02/91)

JBK4@psuvm.psu.edu writes:
>I posted the following message some time ago and got quite a few responses but
>recently when I went to check them I couldn't find the file I put them in.
>
>I'm interested in programming my A3000 in assembly language and want an assembl
>er package with the following features:
>
>1) Support '030 & '040 processors.
>2) Have a linker & debugger.
>3) Have a disassembler.
>4) Decent documentation.
>5) A company that will continue to provide new revisions, upgrades and support.
>
>If possible, please include an address or phone number or the company so that I
>can contact them.
>
>I'd also like to locate some 3000 related programming books/manuals.  I am awar
>e of the CATS program and hope to have the money soon so I can join.
>
>Thanks for any help.
>
>Jason Koszarsky, JBK4@PSUVM

Well, the ONLY assembler that i know of that supports the 040 is Macro 68,
by Digi-Soft Australia (don't have the adress handy) and distributed in the
States by The Puzzle Factory in oregon.. don't have the adress for that
either, but they have a full page ad in just about every Amazing Computing
issue.  It doesn't have a disassembler, or it's own linker, it uses blink.
it's a wonderful product is re-entrant and can be made resident, allows
resident macro libraries and include files for lightning fast assemblies.  it
does get revised quite often and Both Digi-soft and TPF have been around for
quite some time.

.--------------------------------------------------------------------------.
| UUCP: {amdahl!tcnet, crash}!orbit!pnet51!chucks | "I know he's come back |
| ARPA: crash!orbit!pnet51!chucks@nosc.mil        | from the dead, but do  |
| INET: chucks@pnet51.orb.mn.org                  | you really think he's  |
|-------------------------------------------------| moved back in?"        |
| Amiga programmer at large, employment options   | Lou Diamond Philips in |
| welcome, inquire within.                        | "The First Power".     |

holgerl@amiux.agsc.sub.org (Holger Lubitz) (05/05/91)

In article <4779@orbit.cts.com> chucks@pnet51.orb.mn.org (Erik Funkenbusch) writes:
>Well, the ONLY assembler that i know of that supports the 040 is Macro 68,
>by Digi-Soft Australia (don't have the adress handy) and distributed in the
>States by The Puzzle Factory in oregon..

I have the Address of TPF (P.O. Box 986, Veneta, OR 97487), but since I am not
from the United States anyway, I am thinking about ordering directly in
Australia from Digi-Soft. Could anybody post their address ?

Is ReSource also from Digi-Soft, or is it original work from TPF ?

Thanks,
Holger

--
Holger Lubitz, Kl. Drakenburger Str. 24, D-W-3070 Nienburg/Weser

johnv@tower.actrix.gen.nz (John Veldthuis) (05/06/91)

Quoted from <holgerl.2043@amiux.agsc.sub.org> by holgerl@amiux.agsc.sub.org (Holger Lubitz):
> In article <4779@orbit.cts.com> chucks@pnet51.orb.mn.org (Erik Funkenbusch) writes:
> >Well, the ONLY assembler that i know of that supports the 040 is Macro 68,
> >by Digi-Soft Australia (don't have the adress handy) and distributed in the
> >States by The Puzzle Factory in oregon..
>
> I have the Address of TPF (P.O. Box 986, Veneta, OR 97487), but since I am not
> from the United States anyway, I am thinking about ordering directly in
> Australia from Digi-Soft. Could anybody post their address ?

The DigiSoft Address is

DigiSoft
12 Dinmore Street
Moorooka, Brisbane
Queensland, 4105
Australia

> Is ReSource also from Digi-Soft, or is it original work from TPF ?

No ReSource is from Glen McDiarmid but He works closely with DigiSoft and
they both market through Puzzle Factory in the USA
--
*** John Veldthuis, NZAmigaUG.         johnv@tower.actrix.gen.nz       ***

chucks@pnet51.orb.mn.org (Erik Funkenbusch) (05/08/91)

holgerl@amiux.agsc.sub.org (Holger Lubitz) writes:
>In article <4779@orbit.cts.com> chucks@pnet51.orb.mn.org (Erik Funkenbusch) writes:
>>Well, the ONLY assembler that i know of that supports the 040 is Macro 68,
>>by Digi-Soft Australia (don't have the adress handy) and distributed in the
>>States by The Puzzle Factory in oregon..
>
>I have the Address of TPF (P.O. Box 986, Veneta, OR 97487), but since I am not
>from the United States anyway, I am thinking about ordering directly in
>Australia from Digi-Soft. Could anybody post their address ?

Thanks for posting the Adress, didn't have it handy.

>Is ReSource also from Digi-Soft, or is it original work from TPF ?

Yes, i believe ReSource is also by DigiSoft.  I think TPF is mostly just a
distributer although they did write an intuition interface to Macro 68 called
M68Iface.

holgerl@amiux.agsc.sub.org (Holger Lubitz) (05/09/91)

In article <4914.tnews@tower.actrix.gen.nz> johnv@tower.actrix.gen.nz (John Veldthuis) writes:
>No ReSource is from Glen McDiarmid but He works closely with DigiSoft and
>they both market through Puzzle Factory in the USA

Thanks for the info and the adress. Do you know the current australian
pricing as well ?

I like what I read about both programs, but $150 for ReSource'030 plus
$150 for Macro68 sum up to $300 for a single Assembler/Disassembler-Package,
and thats still PLUS packaging, duties and taxes :-(

Thanks again,
Holger

--
Holger Lubitz, Kl. Drakenburger Str. 24, D-W-3070 Nienburg/Weser

jlavin@cie.uoregon.edu (Jeff Lavin) (05/09/91)

In article <4841@orbit.cts.com> chucks@pnet51.orb.mn.org (Erik Funkenbusch) writes:
>holgerl@amiux.agsc.sub.org (Holger Lubitz) writes:
>>In article <4779@orbit.cts.com> chucks@pnet51.orb.mn.org (Erik Funkenbusch) writes:
>>>Well, the ONLY assembler that i know of that supports the 040 is Macro 68,
>>>by Digi-Soft Australia (don't have the adress handy) and distributed in the
>>>States by The Puzzle Factory in oregon..
>>
>>I have the Address of TPF (P.O. Box 986, Veneta, OR 97487), but since I am not
>>from the United States anyway, I am thinking about ordering directly in
>>Australia from Digi-Soft. Could anybody post their address ?

For ordering Macro68 *outside* of the US and Canada, the address is:

  DigiSoft Pty. Ltd.
  12 Dinmore St. Moorooka
  Brisbane, Queensland
  Australia, 4105

>>Is ReSource also from Digi-Soft, or is it original work from TPF ?
>
>Yes, i believe ReSource is also by DigiSoft.  I think TPF is mostly just a
>distributer although they did write an intuition interface to Macro 68 called
>M68Iface.
>
>.--------------------------------------------------------------------------.
>| UUCP: {amdahl!tcnet, crash}!orbit!pnet51!chucks | "I know he's come back |
>| ARPA: crash!orbit!pnet51!chucks@nosc.mil        | from the dead, but do  |
>| INET: chucks@pnet51.orb.mn.org                  | you really think he's  |
>|-------------------------------------------------| moved back in?"        |
>| Amiga programmer at large, employment options   | Lou Diamond Philips in |
>| welcome, inquire within.                        | "The First Power".     |

ReSource is not from DigiSoft.  ReSource is written and maintained be
Glen McDiarmid, also of QLD, Australia (coincidentally, and perhaps a
source of confusion).

ReSource may be purchased from The Puzzle Factory worldwide, except for
Australia and New Zealand.

The Puzzle Factory, Inc.  | Jeff Lavin -- jlavin@cie.uoregon.edu
Voice : (503) 935-3709    | Remainder of signature line
Data  : (503) 935-7883    | under construction.