[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] Window sticks under wb 2.0...

svante@kberg.se (Svante Gellerstam) (05/17/91)

I am developing an application that runs on its own screen. To find out
what size to use, I look at the WB screen and use that size. This
works ok under 1.3 and 2.0 when the screen image is all visible.

The problem shows up when the user has defined an oversized screen
(beyond overscan) for the WB. My program opens the screen ok, but the
screen won't budge. I just cannot move it like the WB screen. This is
semi-critical as the quit button is at lower right...

Any help appreciated.

/svante

--
Svante Gellerstam		svante@kberg.se, d87sg@efd.lth.se

ken@cbmvax.commodore.com (Ken Farinsky - CATS) (05/17/91)

In article <1991May16.175636.1658@kberg.se> svante@kberg.se (Svante Gellerstam) writes:
>I am developing an application that runs on its own screen. To find out
>what size to use, I look at the WB screen and use that size. This
>works ok under 1.3 and 2.0 when the screen image is all visible.
>
>The problem shows up when the user has defined an oversized screen
>(beyond overscan) for the WB. My program opens the screen ok, but the
>screen won't budge. I just cannot move it like the WB screen. This is
>semi-critical as the quit button is at lower right...
>--
>Svante Gellerstam		svante@kberg.se, d87sg@efd.lth.se

Try specifying the tag {SA_Overscan, OSCAN_TEXT}.  This will allow your
screen to scroll with only the text overscan portion visible.  If you
also set {SA_AutoScroll, TRUE} then your screen will autoscroll when
it is the _active_ screen.
Ken Farinsky - CATS - (215) 431-9421 - Commodore Business Machines
uucp: ken@cbmvax.commodore.com   or  ...{uunet,rutgers}!cbmvax!ken
bix:  kfarinsky

baxter_a@wehi.dn.mu.oz (05/18/91)

In article <1991May16.175636.1658@kberg.se>, svante@kberg.se (Svante Gellerstam) writes:
> I am developing an application that runs on its own screen. To find out
> what size to use, I look at the WB screen and use that size. This
> works ok under 1.3 and 2.0 when the screen image is all visible.
>
> The problem shows up when the user has defined an oversized screen
> (beyond overscan) for the WB. My program opens the screen ok, but the
> screen won't budge. I just cannot move it like the WB screen. This is
> semi-critical as the quit button is at lower right...
>
> Any help appreciated.
>

> /svante

What I do, is test dimensions, and if greater than overscan, I open a standard
sized window/screen.

Regards Alan