[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] HD

v089pfrb@ubvmsb.cc.buffalo.edu (Jeffrey C Murphy) (05/14/91)

In article <Scott_Bremner.3442@resbbs.UUCP>, Scott_Bremner@resbbs.UUCP (Scott Bremner) writes...
>Anyone outhere have any Idea how many megs is in a 2 gig HD
>thanks

1 Gig = 1000 Megs
2 Gig = 2000 Megs

Actually since everything is basically defined by the binary system it is
probably more like 2048 megs.

Jm

charro@ee.ualberta.ca (Dan Charrois) (05/17/91)

I am a C programmer who has recently purchased an Amiga 500 and am wondering
if someone out on the net could give me advice on good compilers/those to stay
away from, as well as approximate prices and good places to get ahold of them.
  In the meantime, I have been using a PD C compiler - NorthC, and I have a
question.  When I do illegal floating point operations (such as division
by 0), I get a software error and then the system gurus up on me.  I am
wondering if there is a way to trap this without checking before every
calculation.  On other machines I have programmed, an intercept() routine
was available to catch the interrupts generated by such calls... but nothing
of the sort seems to be available under NorthC.
	Thanks for all your help - I look forward to your replies..
						Dan

jay@deepthot.cary.nc.us (Jay Denebeim) (05/19/91)

In article <1991May17.004741.6907@ee.ualberta.ca> charro@ee.ualberta.ca (Dan Charrois) writes:
>I am a C programmer who has recently purchased an Amiga 500 and am wondering
>if someone out on the net could give me advice on good compilers/those to stay
>away from, as well as approximate prices and good places to get ahold of them.
>  In the meantime, I have been using a PD C compiler - NorthC, and I have a
>question.  When I do illegal floating point operations (such as division
>by 0), I get a software error and then the system gurus up on me.  I am
>wondering if there is a way to trap this without checking before every
>calculation.  On other machines I have programmed, an intercept() routine
>was available to catch the interrupts generated by such calls... but nothing
>of the sort seems to be available under NorthC.

There is a way to remap the trap vectors on a per-task basis on
the Amiga.  I have never tried it myself, but it is doable.

The call is:
  if AllocTrap(5) != -1
    You've allocated the trap
  else
    You have not

For more information check out the ROM Kernal Manual.  I got this
from my 1.1 RKM and the AutoDocs.

--

 |_o_o|\\
 |. o.| || The           Jay Denebeim
 | .  | ||  Software
 | o  | ||   Distillery
 |    |//        Address: UUCP:     mcnc.org!deepthot.uucp!jay
 ======                   Internet: jay@deepthot.cary.nc.us
                 BBS:(919)-460-7430      VOICE:(919)-460-6934