[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] 3d line, fill etc. routines...on ab20

rda184s@monu6.cc.monash.edu.au (Richard Jones) (05/15/91)

I have placed all the line+filler routines I have on ab20...due
to the response of my numerous postings on this newsgroup asking
for them, I have had numerous requests for the ones I have got.

Anyone who has any other routines to do with speedy line or fill
graphics...please send them to me. Thanks.

Richard Jones,
rda184s@monu6.cc.monash.edu.au.

pashdown@javelin.sim.es.com (Pete Ashdown) (05/16/91)

rda184s@monu6.cc.monash.edu.au (Richard Jones) writes:

>I have placed all the line+filler routines I have on ab20...due
>to the response of my numerous postings on this newsgroup asking
>for them, I have had numerous requests for the ones I have got.

A. What language are they written in?
B. What is the file called?

--
   "I looked right, I looked left.  Nowhere to go but straight ahead.  There
   was no other choice.  I ripped out the AK-47 and blasted a clean path right

rda184s@monu6.cc.monash.edu.au (Richard Jones) (05/16/91)

pashdown@javelin.sim.es.com (Pete Ashdown) writes:

>rda184s@monu6.cc.monash.edu.au (Richard Jones) writes:

>>I have placed all the line+filler routines I have on ab20...due
>>to the response of my numerous postings on this newsgroup asking
>>for them, I have had numerous requests for the ones I have got.

>A. What language are they written in?
>B. What is the file called?

Sorry...it's called 'line+fill'.lzh/.text. The routines are predominantly
in assembler, some with C interfaces. Some are just plain C.
And before you ask...it's in incoming/amiga.

>>Richard Jones,
>>rda184s@monu6.cc.monash.edu.au.
>--
>   "I looked right, I looked left.  Nowhere to go but straight ahead.  There
>   was no other choice.  I ripped out the AK-47 and blasted a clean path right
>   through the cluster of centaurs."  - Go To Hell Dante: Inferno II
>Pete Ashdown  pashdown@javelin.sim.es.com ...uunet!javelin.sim.es.com!pashdown

Richard Jones, again.

cpca@marlin.jcu.edu.au (Colin Adams) (05/17/91)

In article <1991May15.181445.26881@javelin.sim.es.com> pashdown@javelin.sim.es.com (Pete Ashdown) writes:
>rda184s@monu6.cc.monash.edu.au (Richard Jones) writes:
>
>>I have placed all the line+filler routines I have on ab20...due
>>to the response of my numerous postings on this newsgroup asking
>>for them, I have had numerous requests for the ones I have got.
>
>A. What language are they written in?
>B. What is the file called?

The are in assembly and C, can't remember the filenames I got them off the
net.  On a related note, has anybody got these routines to work??
I have the code working for polygons but it seems to stuff up when it
draws horizontal lines (it gets wrong colours etc.).  Has anybody else got
it working?  The only change I've made is to change the planesize to the
right size for a 320*256 high screen (PAL over here!), do I have to
change something else if I change this value.

I haven't got time to search for the problem myself.

BTW, the code doesn't seem much (if at all) faster on a base 500/2000 than
using the operating system calls!!

>>Richard Jones,
>Pete Ashdown  pashdown@javelin.sim.es.com ...uunet!javelin.sim.es.com!pashdown

--
Colin Adams
Computer Science Department                     James Cook University
Internet : cpca@marlin.jcu.edu.au               North Queensland
'And on the eighth day, God created Manchester'

rda184s@monu6.cc.monash.edu.au (Richard Jones) (05/17/91)

cpca@marlin.jcu.edu.au (Colin Adams) writes:

>In article <1991May15.181445.26881@javelin.sim.es.com> pashdown@javelin.sim.es.com (Pete Ashdown) writes:
>>rda184s@monu6.cc.monash.edu.au (Richard Jones) writes:
>>
>>>I have placed all the line+filler routines I have on ab20...due
>>>to the response of my numerous postings on this newsgroup asking
>>>for them, I have had numerous requests for the ones I have got.
>>
>>A. What language are they written in?
>>B. What is the file called?

>The are in assembly and C, can't remember the filenames I got them off the
>net.  On a related note, has anybody got these routines to work??
>I have the code working for polygons but it seems to stuff up when it
>draws horizontal lines (it gets wrong colours etc.).  Has anybody else got
>it working?  The only change I've made is to change the planesize to the
>right size for a 320*256 high screen (PAL over here!), do I have to
>change something else if I change this value.

>I haven't got time to search for the problem myself.

>BTW, the code doesn't seem much (if at all) faster on a base 500/2000 than
>using the operating system calls!!
Ok ok....here's the deal. I put them on there, but I am very busy also. I have
only used some of the routines, and haven't even had a chance to look at the
fill routine. Sorry, but I can't be of any more assistance to anyone than that.

>>>Richard Jones,
>>Pete Ashdown  pashdown@javelin.sim.es.com ...uunet!javelin.sim.es.com!pashdown

>--
>Colin Adams
>Computer Science Department                     James Cook University
>Internet : cpca@marlin.jcu.edu.au               North Queensland
>'And on the eighth day, God created Manchester'

Richard Jones (again).
still at the same address.

jcs@crash.cts.com (John Schultz) (05/21/91)

In <1991May17.054913.8202@marlin.jcu.edu.au> cpca@marlin.jcu.edu.au (Colin Adams) writes:

>In article <1991May15.181445.26881@javelin.sim.es.com> pashdown@javelin.sim.es.com (Pete Ashdown) writes:
>>rda184s@monu6.cc.monash.edu.au (Richard Jones) writes:
>>
>>>I have placed all the line+filler routines I have on ab20...due
>>>to the response of my numerous postings on this newsgroup asking
>>>for them, I have had numerous requests for the ones I have got.
>>
>>A. What language are they written in?
>>B. What is the file called?

[stuff deleted]

>BTW, the code doesn't seem much (if at all) faster on a base 500/2000 than
>using the operating system calls!!

  If you are using the code that I posted (months ago), it is slightly slower
on lines and slightly faster on polygons on a stock Amiga. On a 68030, lines
are slightly faster (short lines) and polygons are 2-3 times faster than my
custom blitter code (not system code). My custom blitter code is at least
50 percent faster than the system routines (I don't re-outline the mask).
  When I have some time, I'll re-post the latest versions of my routines.

  John