[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] ARexx

GHGAQA4@cc1.kuleuven.ac.be (Tyberghein Jorrit) (01/22/91)

Hi,

  Two weeks ago I programmed an ARexx interface for my debugger.
I think everyone (yes really everyone) should do this. It is
unbelievable simple (I used minrexx) and VERY useful.
  I think there is no excuse for not using ARexx (except maybe for
very simple utilities), especially if it is a big program.
Does someone have a list with all programs that use ARexx (or
at least some programs). I already have a list with 29 programs
(excluding my own program because it is not ready). I would like
to make a complete list (if possible).

                    Jorrit Tyberghein

Sandy Antunes <antunes@astro.psu.edu> (04/11/91)

Hi!
Okay, I picked up DigiMate III a few days ago mail order... upon
receiving it, I found out it needs Arexx to work.  I don't have
Arexx, however, so I posted a for sale in marketplace because the
mail order place doesn't accept returns.  No one's answered, but
someone mentioned that there is a old PD version of Arexx still
availible.
  Does anyone here know 1) if it is still availible, 2) where it can
be found, and 3) if something written for the "real" Arexx can use
his older PD version at least minimally?
  Note-- PLEASE do not email me saying "you should buy Arexx!!"
because I just spent my all my software money getting DigiMate!
If you're going to email something stupid like that, send the money
for it too.  I will get Arexx, it just will have to be many months
from now (the reason I bring this up is the ONLY response to my forsale
of Digimate was someone saying I should just buy Arexx.)
                                      thank you,
                                         sandy
antunes@astrod.astro.psu.edu     Sandy Antunes, El Loco d'Waupelani
  it's 2am... do you know what time it is?      -------------------

simon@cuisun.unige.ch (Simon Gibbs) (05/16/91)

I'm new to the Amiga world and have a quick
question which I'd like to ask this newsgroup.

I have an Amiga 2000 with Amiga DOS 1.3. I have
an ARexx script I'd like to run but no ARexx
interpreter. How do I get such a thing? Do
I buy it or is it available on the net
somwhere?

Simon Gibbs

Internet:	simon@cui.unige.CH
Bitnet:		gibbs@cgeuge51.BITNET
Usenet:		mcsun!chx400!cui!simon@uunet.UU.NET	(from North America)
Usenet:		chx400!cui!simon@mcsun.UUCP		(from Europe)

jay@deepthot.cary.nc.us (Jay Denebeim) (05/19/91)

In article <5578@cuisun.unige.ch> simon@cuisun.unige.ch (Simon Gibbs) writes:
>I have an Amiga 2000 with Amiga DOS 1.3. I have
>an ARexx script I'd like to run but no ARexx
>interpreter. How do I get such a thing? Do
>I buy it or is it available on the net
>somwhere?

You buy it from:
William S. Hawes
P.O. Box 308
Maynard, MA 01754
(508) 568-8695

--

 |_o_o|\\
 |. o.| || The           Jay Denebeim
 | .  | ||  Software
 | o  | ||   Distillery
 |    |//        Address: UUCP:     mcnc.org!deepthot.uucp!jay
 ======                   Internet: jay@deepthot.cary.nc.us
                 BBS:(919)-460-7430      VOICE:(919)-460-6934

jdickson@jato.jpl.nasa.gov (Jeff Dickson) (05/23/91)

In article <jay.8669@deepthot.cary.nc.us> jay@deepthot.cary.nc.us (Jay Denebeim) writes:
>In article <5578@cuisun.unige.ch> simon@cuisun.unige.ch (Simon Gibbs) writes:
>>I have an Amiga 2000 with Amiga DOS 1.3. I have
>>an ARexx script I'd like to run but no ARexx
>>interpreter. How do I get such a thing? Do
>>I buy it or is it available on the net
>>somwhere?
>
>You buy it from:
>William S. Hawes
>P.O. Box 308
>Maynard, MA 01754
>(508) 568-8695

	I suppose that goes for the spec as well - right?

-jeff