[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] 2.0 Development

ronald@ecl014.UUCP (Ronald van Eijck) (05/24/91)

In article <1991May22.145109.2627@msuinfo.cl.msu.edu> jap@convex.cl.msu.edu (Joe Porkka) writes:

>Programs can easily check to see what version of rom you have. If you
>don't have 2.0 they can still function, but you would lose a few of the
>nifty features that require 2.0. All it takes is a little thought on the
>programmers part, and a few ghosted menus (or gadgets, whatever).
>
>There is no reason not to have 2.0 on all amigas (including CDTV).
>The only difference between game players and power users is the hardware
>and software addons they buy for their machines.

You are joking right?

If you want to use all the nice features of the 2.0 operating system
(all these things that colour a programmers life -:) you can just forget
about running this under 1.3. It's not a case of disabling a menu.

  |  Ronald van Eijck                  {eunet!}hp4nl!cbmnlux!ecl014!ronald  |
  |  We do the impossible at once for a miracle we need a little more time  |