[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] Matematica - AMIGA

gisle@solan.unit.no (Gisle L|kken Hansen) (05/26/91)

I looking for this fantastic Matematica.
Is there anybody who knows where I can get this, to my AMIGA.

Maybe I can find a test of this program at some ftp-bases ??

I hope someone can help me.

-Gisle
 (gisle@solan.unit.no)

trantow@csd4.csd.uwm.edu (Jerry J Trantow) (05/28/91)

In article <1991May25.202342.211@ugle.unit.no> gisle@solan.unit.no (Gisle L|kken Hansen) writes:
>I looking for this fantastic Matematica.
>Is there anybody who knows where I can get this, to my AMIGA.
>
>Maybe I can find a test of this program at some ftp-bases ??
>
>I hope someone can help me.
>
>-Gisle
> (gisle@solan.unit.no)

As far as I know, Mathematica from Wolfram Research is not available on the
Amiga.  This should not bother you since Maple from Waterloo Software is
available on the Amiga. (has been for quite a while and Maple V should
be out soon.)  If you dig into some reviews of the symbolic math programs,
the three contenders are Maxima, Maple, and Mathematica.  There was a
review in PC World or an equivalent rag that rated Maple above the others.

Unfortunately, Maple doesn't have the hype like Mathematica, but I have
used all three and I'm leaning towards Maple. (on the Amiga it is the only
choice that I know of)  I use Mathematica on a MacIIci and SG4d/220 at work
and it is a great platform.  I can not imagine being without a symbolic
math program when I go back to the University this fall.

Check out Maple for the Amiga and I'm sure you will be pleasantly suprized!

Jerry J. Trantow          | Do you cry that you find no answers?
8967 N. Pelham Parkway    | By what means did you hope to find them?
Milwaukee, Wi 53217-1954  | You reject your tool of perception - your mind -
(414) 228-4689            | then complain that the universe is a mystery.
You discard your key, then wail that all the doors are locked against you.
You start out in pursuit of the irrational,
then damn existence for making no sense.    Ayn Rand