[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] 2.0 printing problems

mike@zorch.SF-Bay.ORG (Mike Smithwick) (05/26/91)

[]

What files do I need under 2.0 to support the printer? I boot up on the
2.0 WB disk, and try a "date > prt:". In return I get "unable to open
redirection file". I am trying to create a 2.0 bootable disk with printer
support and apparently 2.0 requires some more stuff then 1.3 has.

Preferences are set to support a generic printer, printer.device,
parallel.device, and port-handler are installed, but nothing seems to
work.

mike

--
"There is no problem to big that can't be solved with high explosives"-Rush

Mike Smithwick - ames!zorch!mike

matija@avalon.tmc.edu (matija milostnik) (05/27/91)

In article <1991May26.044044.18080@zorch.SF-Bay.ORG> mike@zorch.SF-Bay.ORG (Mike Smithwick) writes:

>What files do I need under 2.0 to support the printer? I boot up on the
>2.0 WB disk, and try a "date > prt:". In return I get "unable to open
                              ^^^^^^
>redirection file".

I guess you wanted to type "date >prt:"
                                 ^^^^^
Redirection file work only if you put the arrow with no space.

>Mike Smithwick - ames!zorch!mike

Now your printer can work as luod as he can :-)

Bye
- Matija

ken@cbmvax.commodore.com (Ken Farinsky - CATS) (05/28/91)

In article <1991May26.044044.18080@zorch.SF-Bay.ORG> mike@zorch.SF-Bay.ORG (Mike Smithwick) writes:
>[]
>
>What files do I need under 2.0 to support the printer? I boot up on the
>2.0 WB disk, and try a "date > prt:". In return I get "unable to open
>redirection file"...
>Preferences are set to support a generic printer, printer.device,
>parallel.device, and port-handler are installed...

Have you actually saved the printer preferences, or did you just bring them
up and they looked ok?  Try going into the two printer preferences editors
and saving the values that you want to use (with the save button at the
bottom left of the window.)
Ken Farinsky - CATS - (215) 431-9421 - Commodore Business Machines
uucp: ken@cbmvax.commodore.com   or  ...{uunet,rutgers}!cbmvax!ken
bix:  kfarinsky