[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] 2.0 Window Borders & Detaching from CLI

ins760z@monu4.cc.monash.edu.au (mr c.r. hames) (05/29/91)

With 2.0 intuition creates a wide border on the right hand side of the window
compared to the thin one with 1.2/1.3.  Is there a way I can tell the system
to use the thin border ?

I have my own routine to detach from the cli (return the prompt without having
to run >NIL: <NIL:) but any programs I launch from my program don't have the
paths that the original CLI/Shell had.  Where does DOS get the path list from?
Please help!  Otherwise I will have to get ReSource(great program) out to
do some dassembling of ROM, and then I might do things wrong....

--
Chris Hames         Person to blame for DirWork(1.3 RSN), VMK, FSDirs, etc
                    And soon for PC-Task?

peter@cbmvax.commodore.com (Peter Cherna) (05/29/91)

In article <1991May29.020647.876@monu0.cc.monash.edu.au> ins760z@monu4.cc.monash.edu.au (mr  c.r. hames) writes:
>With 2.0 intuition creates a wide border on the right hand side of the window
>compared to the thin one with 1.2/1.3.  Is there a way I can tell the system
>to use the thin border ?

There never was a "thin border".  The border width in Window->BorderRight
is unchanged from 1.3, but now it's rendered into.  The reason is that
gadgets that are placed in the border stretch the border to include themselves,
and the sizing gadget does that to the right border.  You can stretch the
bottom border instead by setting the SIZEBBOTTOM window flag.  In either
case, you must accomodate the border.

>Chris Hames         Person to blame for DirWork(1.3 RSN), VMK, FSDirs, etc

     Peter
--
Peter Cherna, Operating Systems Development Group, Commodore-Amiga, Inc.
{uunet|rutgers}!cbmvax!peter    peter@cbmvax.commodore.com