[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] Compu Graphics Fonts - more questions

matija@avalon.tmc.edu (matija milostnik) (05/28/91)

In article <1991May28.085236.27090@rulway.LeidenUniv.nl> breemen@rulcvx.LeidenUniv.nl (E. van Breemen) writes:
>Does anyone know the format of Compu Graphic Fonts, or is there not a
>standard format for?

Another question I was wondering about: Since KS2.0 should compute CG-Fonts
and support Color-Fonts is there something like:
  Color-Compugraphic-Fonts
Can the two be mixed together or will we have two different Fonts? Do CG-Fonts
support colored letters? (What about Pantone(?) color technique, etc...)
Is a common format possible and feasable?

>many thanks in advance,
>Erwin

I apreciate any comments on this

Bye
- Matija

rcj2@cbnewsd.att.com (ray.c.jender) (05/30/91)

In article <1991May28.165516.7935@ifi.unizh.ch> matija@avalon.tmc.edu (matija milostnik) writes:
>In article <1991May28.085236.27090@rulway.LeidenUniv.nl> breemen@rulcvx.LeidenUniv.nl (E. van Breemen) writes:
>>Does anyone know the format of Compu Graphic Fonts, or is there not a
>>standard format for?
>
>Another question I was wondering about: Since KS2.0 should compute CG-Fonts
>and support Color-Fonts is there something like:
>  Color-Compugraphic-Fonts
>Can the two be mixed together or will we have two different Fonts? Do CG-Fonts
>support colored letters? (What about Pantone(?) color technique, etc...)
>Is a common format possible and feasable?

	Not real sure I can tell you what you need to know, but from
	where I see it, since the application will pick the color of
	the text, in that sense, CG-Fonts do not support colored letters.
	I'd guess its all in the application program that use the CG-Fonts.
	I'd also guess that the only information available in the font.dat
	is strictly for forming the letter/number, and no color information
	is available. But........I'm probably wrong.......later...