[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] need driver for Epson ES 300C scanner

bc@smsc.sony.com (Bernard Cobain) (05/21/91)

Amiga People,

I need your help. I am a technical writer that has made some progress in
impressing the management with the superiority of the Amiga. Currently, I
use the Amiga to generate most of the graphics used in the various user guides
and reference manuals I crank out. I have been getting a lot of favorable
comments regarding, among other things, the graphics. Admittedly, the
graphic tools available to me on my expensive workstation really sucks the
big one.

I have an opportunity to use an Epson ES 300C color scanner at home on my
Amiga 500. I need a driver. I know zip about building drivers. Does anyone out
there have a driver that will suit my needs? If failing this, maybe someone
has a tools with which I can generate my own driver?

Any and all pointers will be appreciated.

This may not be of interest to other Amiga-ites, so you may want to reply
directly to me. My email addresses are bc@smsc.sony.com or !uunet!sonyusa!bc.

Thanks.

					bc
--
:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~:
: bc in microsystems                          "If you can't take the   :

rcj2@cbnewsd.att.com (ray.c.jender) (05/21/91)

In article <1991May20.224005.4938@smsc.sony.com> bc@smsc.sony.com (Bernard Cobain) writes:

>I have an opportunity to use an Epson ES 300C color scanner at home on my
>Amiga 500. I need a driver. I know zip about building drivers. Does anyone out
>there have a driver that will suit my needs? If failing this, maybe someone
>has a tools with which I can generate my own driver?
>
>Any and all pointers will be appreciated.
>
>This may not be of interest to other Amiga-ites, so you may want to reply
>directly to me. My email addresses are bc@smsc.sony.com or !uunet!sonyusa!bc.
>
>Thanks.
>
>					bc
>: bc in microsystems                          "If you can't take the   :
>: FAX: 408/954-0849                            heat, stay out of the   :
>: bc@smsc.sony.com OR !uunet!sonyusa!bc        chicken." Hsien Ming Ma :

	ASDG has just released a driver for the ES 300C.
	You can contact them at:

				ASDG
				925 Stewart St.
				Madison, Wisconsin
				53713
				608-273-6585

hrlaser@crash.cts.com (Harv Laser) (05/21/91)

You're in luck. ASDG Inc. (Makers of Art Dept. Professional and other
products for the Amiga) are just about to release their ES-300C
support software for Amigas.  For more info, call them at
1-608-273-6585 during Central time zone business hours. Feel free
to tell 'em I sent you.

perry@madnix.UUCP (Perry Kivolowitz) (05/30/91)

In article <1991May20.224005.4938@smsc.sony.com> bc@smsc.sony.com (Bernard Cobain) writes:
>I need your help.

And...we are there!

>I have an opportunity to use an Epson ES 300C color scanner at home on my
>Amiga 500. I need a driver. I know zip about building drivers. Does anyone out

ASDG has just started shipping its second generation of scanner controllers.
The first scanner so supported is the EPSON ES-300C. Our product is called
simply, the ES-300C Driver kit. It comes with two programs:

1) A Loader Module for Art Department Professional which lets you scan
   directly from ADPro.

2) A Stand-Alone Version (of the above mentioned loader module) which
   scans directly to disk (requires near zippo memory) and does not
   require ADPro.

If anyone has ever seen our first generation of scanner controller, this
new generation incorporates all the lessons we've learned in our three
years as the Amiga's only provider of color scanner software. I think
you'll agree that we have something to be proud of in the new scanner
software.

The Driver kit also includes all the interfacing hardware you'll need
to hook the ES-300C up to an A500, A2X00 or A3000. A1000 owners need
a parallel port converter.

The list price for the kit is $200.

Also shipping is the controller kit for the Phovos 300C. Next month
we start shipping controller kits for the Sharp series of scanners
(the JX-100, JX-300, 450 and 600).

pk

--
Perry Kivolowitz, ASDG Inc. ``We look for things. Things that make us go.''
	UUCP:  {harvard|rutgers|ucbvax}!uwvax!astroatc!nicmad!madnix!perry