[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] Debug info on serial port

plummer@hercules.cs.uregina.ca (Dave Plummer) (05/30/91)

I'm looking for a facility to broadcast debug messages out to my remote
terminal (variable tracing, stuff like that which you would normally just
printf to the screen).  I had thought debug.lib provided for this, but
can't find anything now that I need it.  Was I dreaming, or is there a
function to do this?  I don't want to actually invoke the debugger.

Thanks,
Dave

PS:  Why is that when I AddGList my string gadgets don't seem to get set
up properly?  If I put that first gadget into the Window structure, they're
fine, but if I add them manually, I have problems.  Is there something else
I have to do for a string gadget?  All the other gads work fine when added
manually.

ken@cbmvax.commodore.com (Ken Farinsky - CATS) (05/31/91)

In article <483@regina.uregina.ca> plummer@hercules.cs.uregina.ca (Dave Plummer) writes:
>I'm looking for a facility to broadcast debug messages out to my remote
>terminal (variable tracing, stuff like that which you would normally just
>printf to the screen).  I had thought debug.lib provided for this, but
>can't find anything now that I need it.  Was I dreaming, or is there a
>function to do this?  I don't want to actually invoke the debugger.

Debug.lib and ddbug.lib are provided by Commodore through a variety of
sources.  Anyone who has an Includes distribution license may distribute
it, or you can get it from CATS as part of the 1.3 Native Developer Update
or some of the recent DevCon disks.

The library is documented in the RKM Includes & Autodocs, Section F
"Linker Libraries".  Use kprintf() to blow simple printf() style strings
out the serial port at 9600 baud.

Information on ordering these materials is available through:

	CATS Admin
	1200 Wilson Drive
	West Chester, PA 19380
	(215) 431-9180
Ken Farinsky - CATS - (215) 431-9421 - Commodore Business Machines
uucp: ken@cbmvax.commodore.com   or  ...{uunet,rutgers}!cbmvax!ken
bix:  kfarinsky