[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] Programming MIDI in C?

tom@clipper.ingr.com (Tom Granvold) (05/31/91)

    My brother wants to write a program to help with sightreading on a
(musical) keyboard.  His setup includes a MIDI keyboard connected to the
Amiga.  He needs suggestions on how to setup and use the serial port
from a C program (He uses Lattice C) to get incomming MIDI data.  A
library in C would be the most useful, but tips on how to write this code
himself will also be accepted.

    He is not on the net but all replies, email or posted to this group,
will be forwared to him through me.

    On a related subject which is of interest to me.  Is there a MIDI
library available for JForth.  If so how would on go about getting it?

Thanks,
Name:    Tom Granvold
Mail:    2400 Geng Rd., Palo Alto, Calif., 94303
UUCP:    ucbvax!decvax!decwrl!pyramid!garth!tom
  or:    tom@clipper.ingr.com

dingebre@imp.sim.es.com (David Ingebretsen) (05/31/91)

In article <1991May30.233717.22885@clipper.ingr.com>, tom@clipper.ingr.com (Tom Granvold) writes:

>     My brother wants to write a program to help with sightreading on a
> (musical) keyboard.  His setup includes a MIDI keyboard connected to the
> Amiga.  He needs suggestions on how to setup and use the serial port
> from a C program (He uses Lattice C) to get incomming MIDI data.  A
> library in C would be the most useful, but tips on how to write this code
> himself will also be accepted.
>
>     He is not on the net but all replies, email or posted to this group,
> will be forwared to him through me.
>
>     On a related subject which is of interest to me.  Is there a MIDI
> library available for JForth.  If so how would on go about getting it?
>
> Thanks,
> Name:    Tom Granvold
> Mail:    2400 Geng Rd., Palo Alto, Calif., 94303
> UUCP:    ucbvax!decvax!decwrl!pyramid!garth!tom
>   or:    tom@clipper.ingr.com

Fred Fish Disk 227 has MidiLib which is a library of routines to perform
MIDI functions. Fred Fish Disk 478 has an application MP that sends and
receives MIDI data through a MIDI interface.

The NASA archive, 128.155.23.64, has a dircetory amiga/music/midi that
has midilib as well.

David

David Ingebretsen
Evans and Sutherland Computer Corporation
600 Komas Drive
Salt Lake City, UT 84108
(801) 582-5847 x3758

dingebre@es.com