[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] Wanted SoundTrakker/ NoiseTrakker file format

stc7@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu (Steven T Chiang) (05/21/91)

	Does anyone know what or where I can get the file format for
the SoundTrakker/ NoiseTrakker music files?  I'm not sure if these are
the correct names of the programs, but I saw an IBM program that
interpreted these files, and I want to do something similar on the gs.
On the IBM, they are called mod files.

	Any help would be appreciated.  I need some pretty technical
info, including the format of the actual instruments.

	Thanks.  Please respond by email, as I do not read this group
regularly.

Steven Chiang                  Coming Soon:  DreamGrafix  3200 color power
stc7@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu
America On_Line:  DWS Steve    Apple IIgs Forever!

jimb@faatcrl.UUCP (Jim Burwell) (05/23/91)

stc7@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu (Steven T Chiang) writes:

>	Does anyone know what or where I can get the file format for
>the SoundTrakker/ NoiseTrakker music files?  I'm not sure if these are
>the correct names of the programs, but I saw an IBM program that
>interpreted these files, and I want to do something similar on the gs.
>On the IBM, they are called mod files.

Format ?  Format ?  You mean LACK OF FORMAT.  The ST/NT module format is
VERY loose.  It took me about 6 months to hone my ST/NT module loader code
for my module player so it plays about 99% of everything I've encountered.

I suppose I should do the world a favor and write a description of all the
insanity one must go though to load a ST/NT module..

>	Any help would be appreciated.  I need some pretty technical
>info, including the format of the actual instruments.

Yeah.  The GS would be a pretty good machine to write a ST/NT player on,
considering its sound capabilities.  Much easier than doing so on an IBM
klone.

I suppose I'll start writting that Tfile, and post it here or something.
"when I get around to it" :-)

C'ya,
Jim
--
+--------------------------+      _
|INET:  jimb@faatcrl.uucp  |     | \
|UUCP:  ..!rutgers!faatcrl!|    _|  \______________________________________
|      jimb                |   - ______        ________________          \_`,
+------------------------- + -(_______            -=    -=        USAF       )
                                      `--------=============----------------`
                                                -   -
                                               -   -
                                    `   . .  -  -
                                     .*` .* ;`*,`.,
                                      `, ,`.*.*. *
 ______________________________________*  * ` ^ *____________________________
                IRAQ

slmvk@cc.usu.edu (05/31/91)

In article <1991May21.065148.17585@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu>, stc7@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu (Steven T Chiang) writes:

> 	Does anyone know what or where I can get the file format for
> the SoundTrakker/ NoiseTrakker music files?  I'm not sure if these are
> the correct names of the programs, but I saw an IBM program that
> interpreted these files, and I want to do something similar on the gs.
> On the IBM, they are called mod files.
>
> 	Any help would be appreciated.  I need some pretty technical
> info, including the format of the actual instruments.
>
> 	Thanks.  Please respond by email, as I do not read this group
> regularly.
>

> Steven Chiang                  Coming Soon:  DreamGrafix  3200 color power
> stc7@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu
> America On_Line:  DWS Steve    Apple IIgs Forever!
--

	ProTracker 1.1b is on ab20.larc.nasa.gov, if you can FTP.  The archive
has a file in it that explains the MOD. format in depth.

						Jon Taylor
						jtaylor@ab20.larc.nasa.gov

"The only sin lies in hurting others unnecessarily.  Hurting YOURSELF is NOT
 sinful, just stupid." - Robert A. Heinlein
"Raise the speed limit.  Think of it as evolution in action" - from _Oath of
 Fealty_ by Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle